Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Periodic Contributor

If I have been receiving my SS check direct deposit for the past 10 years, why would my routing number be incorrect? I was afraid to do this because I though it might hold up my payment even more? I didn't want to confuse IRS any more than already....
Periodic Contributor

Yes, receiving the same message as you.  It's like I am not in the system or something?  Check with SS and nothing suspicious going on, my profile and account look fine.  So hopefully I will receive in my lifetime...ha ha

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

True for me as well.  I do think it would be great if AARP was a bit more pro-active and tried to get some current information for its members.  I'm sure that they have  more clout as an organization than any of us do as individuals.  I write to members of the senate and congress, newspapers, and write to every individual reporter who has addressed the subject and left it with we got paid in April.  I try to point out to them that they need to update their stories and let it be known that the promises made have not been kept.  I tell myself everyday that I'm just going to give up on this and let it go.  But then I try that with most other aspects of the news and can't seem to manage to rid myself of that obsession either.  

Regular Contributor

I've received the same message on Get My Payment for weeks now.  They seem to have no information on me at all.  Makes me feel invisible and unknown.  Yet, everything checks out as current with Social Security and there are no flaws.  Given that the IRS seems to have nothing on me, I made copies of my passport, birth certificate, voter card, SS card, Social Security letters, bank details, and copies of their own guidance that says I should have been paid, etc. and sent it to them.  Because I live overseas, I sent this to their International Accounts division in Philadelphia.  I sent too their guidance that says that overseas recipients will get the payment.  Whether this does any good or not I haven't a clue, but it made me feel less helpless.  I think the stupidest part of this whole mess is that the government didn't just transfer funds to the SSA and let them issue the money since they've been paying us and taking care of us for years.  I fail to see why the IRS needed to be involved at all.  There are reasons why I live in Scotland these days.  Hopefully we'll all see something soon.  I honestly expected something today, but once I receive anything, I'll probably die of shock and not be able to pay bills with it.

Periodic Contributor

Leigh ... have you heard anything yet ... I live in Spain and I have heard that people who  do not have to file taxes like me who receive SS reirement and have been getting their direct deposit to their bank account abroad have put in their info on the non filers page have herd back from the IRS ... but not all ... my quesion is we in the EU do not have routing numbers ... we have IBAN ... do you know what we have to put in instead of the routing number. in the US the routing number is 9 digits  on the form at irs. A typical IBAN in Spain looks like this; ES 61 8302901724726000265707... I know the last 10 digits are a account number but is the routing number somewhere in here? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Brian.  Yes, I received information on the Get My Payment site that told me that I would be getting my payment by direct deposit tomorrow the 20th.  I lived in Spain for several years before I moved to Scotland and had my SS direct deposited into my Solbank account in Mojacar.  Now I have it deposited into my Halifax account here in the UK.  So given that they've said that it would go to wherever you have your benefits deposited, I should think it would go to your bank in Spain.  I've also read though that no matter what, if you are able to get any info from Get My Payment, it should tell you if you're getting a direct deposit or a check.  One way or another, I know that IRS is supposed to send each person a letter verifying that the payment was made and by what method.  It is supposed to tell us what to do if there was some sort of glitch and how to deal with it.  I've not gotten a letter yet so I can't quote anything.  I would just keep checking on Get My Payment.  I know that there has been a real lag in IRS entering the information from SSA or the non-filer site.  Let me know how you get on.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My wife and I both said the same. We should be paid by Social Security, not the IRS. Hand over the funds to SSA and let them do what they do best. For the IRS to think they could handle this alone was ridiculous. Now, we wait... 

0 Kudos
Contributor

FortMyersBeachGirl,

Thank you for assuring me that I am not alone in this,

Gregory Grant

0 Kudos
Contributor

Nila,

Thank you for your concern.  However, I do get my regular social security check automatically, but I still have not gotten a stimulus check and I don't know who to ask for help.  Thanks, Gregory O Grant

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Me either . And since I have no payee, there should not be trouble with sending it to me 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not received a stimulus check as of 5/13/2020.  Can I get help here?  Thanks, Gregory O. Grant

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I thought they were issuing payments based on need. I survive solely on SSD. My daughter makes $70,000 per year, and she received her stimulus check late April. I don't understand it. 

Trusted Contributor

BillyB469891....No, not solely on need. Those who filed taxes received theirs first as the IRS already had their info and didn't have to wait for the SSA to provide any info. However, that said, those of us on SS or SSDI via direct deposit were supposed to get ours on April 29.
Periodic Contributor

Obviously this isn't true, My husband received his (on SS) over a week ago.  i have not, and also on SS and use direct bank deposit (for over 10 years same bank) just different accounts.

There is no rhyme or reasoning behind how these stimulus checks are being distributed.  

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have determined to not let it drive me out of my mind. I look at it this way. With the tens of millions or hundreds of Americans that are supposed to receive stimulus payments they are not all going to come in one day or one week and they're not all going to come on the day or week they should arrive. So looks like we, who are still waiting, are in the category of maybe being the last ones to get them, whenever that may be. Hopefully they're on the way. So hang in there everybody

Regular Contributor

"Payment Status Not Available"

put that on my tombstone. I'm kind of use to eating Ramen noodles but I was hoping for maybe a pork chop soon, doesn't look like it. Love them talking about another stimulus deal when I haven't got my first one. Well life goes on.

Regular Contributor

Annnndddd it's Wednesday the 13th.   No happy surprises here.   Sigh. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

And your shocked...

For my situation its "We have no timetable for when SSI/SSDI Recipients with a representative Payee will receive benefits"...meaning people on disablity who have someone take care of their finances are blowing in the wind till whenever its decided to give us money...maybe...

Then find out this tidbit to make it even better

https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/Retirees-veterans-sue-over-Direct-Express-debit-1...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm a representative payee for my disabled adult son.   He has not received his stimulus check also.  

Same story when checking no information as he does not have to file taxes. but has direct deposit.

I'm on regular SS and have received mine via direct deposit.   We have different banks and I received a white house letter stating I qualify for the $1200.00 via direct deposit.  I received that a couple of days ago although I got my direct deposit weeks ago.  I assumed this letter was for my son, but no deposit in his account as of today, 5/14/2020.

What to do, as he like everyone else needs this stimulus check.

Any other Representative payees received checks for their payee?

Thak You, Mary Ann 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No...Representative Payees will not have received stimulus for their payee.

"

If you did not file a 2019 or 2018 tax return:

• An Individual Representative Payee should receive from the IRS the EIP for their SSI recipient(s) by May 27 to the same direct deposit account or Direct Express card as the recipient’s monthly SSI payment. We are waiting for confirmation from the IRS when it will mail paper check EIPs to payees."

That is the latest from SSA on the situation...

The problem is for those who have a representative payee that have the Direct Express card, the majority of those people dont have Banks...and I know for certain that my Representative Payees bank will not cash a check in my name...and as you can see from the wording its strange...

Were sending it to either direct deposit bank, or Direct Express card...but the IRS is sending paper checks to the payees?

I honestly dont think they know whats going on...
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I posted this yesterday as this was the newest info from SSA at the time:

• An Individual Representative Payee should receive from the IRS the EIP for their SSI recipient(s) by May 27 to the same direct deposit account or Direct Express card as the recipient’s monthly SSI payment. We are waiting for confirmation from the IRS when it will mail paper check EIPs to payees."

But apparently AFTER I posted this SSA Updated what I posted, its now this instead:

• An Individual Representative Payee should begin receiving EIPs for their SSI recipient(s) in late May from the IRS to the same direct deposit account or Direct Express card as the recipient’s monthly SSI payment. We are waiting for confirmation from the IRS when it will mail paper check EIPs to payees.

Notice the difference...within a few hours SSA removed an actual hard date...and now have just late MAY...

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I am on social security and have not received my stimilus money yet, I did not file taxes 2018 or 2019, don’t make enough money, my friends who make about 60,000 a year each got there’s the first couple days, me I live in 700 dollars a month and have not seen my money as of may 14th, anyone else in this situation?  Thanks for any info on this, it’s worrying me.

Trusted Contributor

jl42202022...Most everyone here is in your situation. Either on SS or SSDI, many with direct deposit, and those of us with direct deposit were told we would see the money in our bank account on April 29th. Two and a half weeks later and we're still waiting. The Get My Payment tool is of no help as we get "Payment Status Is Not Available". As for your friends, if they made enough money to file taxes, they were among the first to receive the stimulus because the IRS already had their info and deposit information on file and didn't have to wait for the SSA to provide it. That being said, we still should have had our stimulus long ago.
0 Kudos
Contributor

As of May 14th, I have seen no direct deposit with no number to call and no date info. "Get My Payment" never works. Corporations are refunding millions they received while the ordinary folk wait for $1200. This economic "package" is stacked in favor of the rich. My goal is not to waste energy in anger, but it is frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

Mary Ann ...does your son collect SSDI or SSI? If he's on SSI here is an update from the SSA on SSI with payee...

"An Individual Representative Payee should receive from the IRS the EIP for their SSI recipient(s) by May 27 to the same direct deposit account or Direct Express card as the recipient’s monthly SSI payment."
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have Social Security retirement benefits and receive a direct deposit on the 3rd of every month. If the 3rd falls on a weekend, the deposit is made on Friday. I cannot discover when my stimulus deposit will occur. I am relieved to discover that my case is not unique, but disturbed that many of you are still waiting for something to happen. It seems that little technical expertise would be required to post updates for Social Security recipients.  “Moving the goal posts” would be better than a yawning chasm of silence. Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

ConradB992686....I've said for quite awhile that it's inexcusable that either SSA or IRS hasn't posted a news update for those of us who were supposed to receive a direct deposit on April 29th but didn't. Any updates we hear or read about comes secondhand from the media or someone on Youtube, not directly from the IRS. And it's the lack of an update that makes me believe either the SSA or IRS dropped the ball and our info either wasn't sent to the IRS by the SSA, or the IRS didn't get our info entered into the system. The problem with "moving the goal posts" every week, or twice every week, is that now we can't even count on the goal post being in the same spot from one day to the next. Here's hoping we all receive our payment, whether it's a deposit or a check, before we become one of the many deceased individuals who received it. Good luck to ya!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Its totally maddening.  I saw online the other day an article from one of the financial networks commenting on the problems that we are having and they showed a response from the SSA dated May 11th saying basically that they've given adequate advice so no need to say anymore.  Do they not see that their advice refers us to the IRS that claims we should have been paid on the 29th of April?  An updated comment is most certainly needed.  Like many others, I receive SS retirement by direct deposit on the 3rd of the month.  I have for years and its been into the same bank account with all of my information on my 1099 and on the My Social Security website being completely accurate and up to date.  Despite that however, I did file my banking information on the non-filers site just to make sure that they have my info.  I did that at the end of April and to this day, the Get My Payment tool shows nothing of any sort for me.  Totally stupid.

Periodic Contributor

I agree. This whole situation is "very" frustrating. I've been wondering if I did something unintentionally to cause this long delay in getting my stimulus payment. It would be a relief to speak to someone from the IRS or SSA who knows what is actually happening and can explain why so many others have already received their payments and we have not. I think the fact that we who have not received ours leaves us in a kind of limbo. In the meantime, we wait and hope to join the myriad of Americans and other eligible recipients who have successfully received their stimulus payments. In addition, I've read that the government has proposed another stimulus payment plan for us. But, how can we expect to be encouraged by this proposal when there are so many inadequacies with the current stimulus program?  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Update: As of today, still have not received any money.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP