Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Message 61 of 675

I was under the impression that those who collect SSI have not worked enough  long enough or do not have enough recent working credits to get SSDI.

But if you were in a low paying job and did not work long enough and they instead give you SSI (which I know is not much income) you also usually qualify for food stamps and medicaid in which you would not have to pay anything towards your medical.

Those that are here legally working and paying taxes would receive more because they are earning more and paying taxes.  

SSI is usually given to those who did not earn enough to qualify for SSDI benefits.  But hopefully, you are also getting (which most SSI people get) food stamps and free medical.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 675

@alvandy 

I agree with much of what you have said - yes, many people do not understand our "legal" immigration system and who is who and what category are they within.  You are right that people need to learn about it and the difficult steps that many of them have to take to come here, legally.

US Resident Aliens are people that have done all the steps and are now just waiting for the allotted time and processes to pass  - A resident alien is a foreign-born United States resident who is not a U.S. citizen. A resident alien is also known as a permanent resident or a lawful permanent resident, which means they are considered an immigrant who has been legally and lawfully recorded as a resident of the country.

They have been LEGALLY issued a Social Security number and working papers.  They work and pay all kinds of taxes, just like the rest of us and earn any benefits based on the same criteria.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 675

@Julie80 wrote:

I for one, am really getting tired of the wait.  Where the heck IS IT???  . . . . 

Every day I look at my online bank, and every day, nothing.  When is it coming? 

IF you are eligible for it, then it will come - they just have not finished all the various categories but are still sending out 5-million payments a week. 

Check your eligibility and then be patient - Check the IRS.gov site of GET MY PAYMENT to see what it says.  When it is scheduled to be paid, the site will let you know the amount, the date of distribution and the manner of distribution (there are several ways - direct deposit, check, debit card) , if Direct Deposit, it will give some identifying info on the account.

Each of us is different in details and it is the details that determine the specifics.

Details like:

• Are you or should you be a tax filer - meaning that your income is such that it requires you to file; regardless of it you have to pay any taxes.
  • Are you a US citizen or a resident alien that has a Social Security number
  • Is your income within the eligibility range for a single person that is up to $ 75,000; past that figure up to $ 99,000, the amount is reduced
  • What type of benefits you are getting IF you do not file a tax return (2018 & 2019 are the years the IRS is using) - SS Retirement, Spousal, Survivor, SSDI, RRB, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), VA - this makes a difference in when the payments are scheduled and what files the IRS is using to direct your payment, if possible.
  • Are you claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return and you are over the age of 17?  This makes you ineligible for the stimulus funds.
  • Do you have a "Respresentative Payee" assigned to your benefits? 

Check the IRS.gov GET MY PAYMENT and see what it says currently - they update it about once a day.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 64 of 675
Julie80.... have you checked out the Get My Payment Tool lately? A few of us 'suppose' to get ours DD on the 28th.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 65 of 675
alvandy......This country was founded based on LEGAL immigration. There, fixed it for ya.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 66 of 675

I have nothing against humanity, BUT, I worked 38 years of my life, and due to circumstances I had no control over, I can no longer work.  I had to take my retirement pension early, and have been on SSI for the last few years waiting on that.  If you have a green card, are here working legally, waiting on citizenship, good for you, but do not tell me there aren't a whole lot of others that have no such thing, and they are getting more than ME.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 67 of 675

Illegal residents are eligible to receive a stimulus if they are paying into Social Security  and obviously have an account.

IIlegal is a term used by some politicians to keep stoking fear and bigotry.

They may be waiting for naturalization or citizenship status but are not yet registered as citizens. 

They are working and paying taxes.

If you are upset about our immigration laws- stop being dumbdowned and get more information

Do fact checking instead of watching right wing media

This country was founded based on immigration. 

We all  owe our status due to our forebarers  being immigrants.

Embrace humanity! 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 68 of 675

I for one, am really getting tired of the wait.  Where the heck IS IT???  I have gotten air conditioners on good faith this money is coming, and I am worried.  I can't afford to ruin my credit again, and these things were charged.  Every day I look at my online bank, and every day, nothing.  When is it coming?  Now they are talking about a second round already, and many of us haven't gotten our first!  Come on already!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 69 of 675

Just a footnote...After seeing the pending (May 28) stimulus deposit in my bank account yesterday and wondering why I was locked out of the Get My Payment tool, with it saying my information didn't match theirs, I tried again today. I've always entered my address exactly like it is on my SSA 1099. I figured that would be the address that the IRS got from the SSA. Today I tried again, only this time entering my address exactly like the USPS has it. And it worked. Of course I already knew about my pending deposit, but was curious as to which address the IRS had. Turns out they were using the USPS address, not the SSA address. I hope everyone that's been waiting also received good news.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 70 of 675

BrianH503300: "So enough about it?" I suppose you're accustomed to shutting down conversations in your world. I'll no longer discuss it, because I have nothing else to say about it...not because you say it's enough. 

Spoiler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors