Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 675

Hi Julie80,
I empathize with you. I remember the grueling experience I had checking the Get My Payment tool daily expecting to see a deposit date that confirmed my stimulus payment was processed. I recommend that you use the Non-Filers tool as soon as possible and enter your banking information. If you have already done that, then make note of when you did and then check the Get My Payment tool within 14 days (two weeks) of submitting your information. It seems like there are other members on this forum (including me) who have done that and have received our payments. Best wishes!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 675

Yes I know I made 12,816. It doesn't matter because of I did not do that. I would not received my economic impact payment. Just don't wait. Do something. I did. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 675

The Non-Filer tool states it is for persons with income levels less than $12,200, is that correct?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 675

After you put your information in. It will take 2 weeks process. Even though I was not supposed to do anyting. I could not wait any longer. I did fill out the non file form. I got my direct deposit on June 3rd Wednesday along with my regular SSDI deposit. So please wait 2 weeks. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 675

I am giving up.  I don't think I am going to get a check, a direct deposit or anything else.  I check every day, and it always says Payment Status Unavailable.  I put my information in, even though it said it isn't required.  I have just done all I can do, and every day I am disappointed.  Everyone I know, on every kind of situation, has gotten theirs.  I am tired of stressing about it.  For some reason, I am just not going to get this money.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 675
Hi GailL1,
Thanks so much for the clarification. I completely agree with you. 🙂
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 675

@s801036s 

It says about the same thing on the IRS News Release site 06/03/2020 but does mention those who receive benefits - SS, SSI, RRB, VA - a bit more specifically.

from the News Release:

. . . . payments sent to those who usually do not have to file a tax return but receive retirement, survivor or disability benefits under various programs administered by the Social Security Administration as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Railroad Retirement Board who qualify. These individuals can use Get My Payment to check on their payment status.

Sounds like they think they have those already in the system -

Personally, if it were me still waiting in one of these mentioned benefit categories, I would:

1.  Check the GET MY PAYMENT site and if it says "Payment Status Unavailable" - I would wait a few more days to see if the payment info shows up.

2.  If the GET MY PAYMENT site now says "Information Not Available" then go to the NON-Filer tool and enter your info.

from the IRS News Release

Anyone (eligible) who registers by October 15 will receive their payment by the end of the year.

NOTE:  it also says this in the News Release:

The IRS cautions that some people who need to file a tax return have been mistakenly using the Non-Filers tool to try to get an Economic Impact Payment.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 675

EIP Update: I just read an article this morning about action that those who still haven't received their stimulus payments may want to consider taking. Here is the link:  

https://www.yahoo.com/money/coronavirus-stimulus-checks-americans-who-didnt-get-payment-need-to-take...

Please note that the article recommends using the IRS Non-Filers tool to provide your direct deposit information if you have not filed your taxes within the last two years. I didn't see anywhere in the article that excludes non-filers who receive social security benefits. I hope this helps those who are still awaiting their long-overdue payments.       

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 675

@Julie80 

I went back and read your previous post to get some idea of your benefit status and what the IRS GET MY PAYMENT site is telling you when you check.

You are on SSI - Do you have a Representative Payee?

Do you normally get your SSI benefit through Direct Deposit?  Or do you get it on a Direct Express Card?

You said that when you went to the IRS GET MY PAYMENT site earlier in May, you got the message

"Information Not Available" and then on 06/01/2020, you said that it gave you the message "Payment Status Unavailable" - those are different and gives you some hope that they now know about you and your information is going to be uploaded and your message will be changed from

"Payment Status Unavailable"  to info on your payment - the amount, the date issued, the method that it is coming to you.

They are still only uploading info to the IRS GET MY PAYMENT site once a day as the payments are processed - so just keep checking once a day - morning is probably best.

You may get it as Direct Deposit, you may get it as a check or you may get it as a VISA debit card.

The site will tell you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 675

I also entered my information in the system.  I thought SURELY today, my check would show up, but no.  I truly am just ready to stop thinking about it.  Maybe if I do that, it will come.  A watched pot never boils, as my Mom used to say.  But it sure if frustrating.  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit