Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Message 41 of 675

I am happy for those that have gotten their checks! I still haven't gotten mine ... I called the number last night ... was on hold for over an hour and got disconnected. Even though it is a toll free number it is not for me as I live in Spain and have to pay for the call cause 800 numbers are not free outside the US ... cost .. over 27euro ... about $30 USD ... can't afford to many of those lol

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 42 of 675
Spoiler

I checked my checking account this morning and I received the $1,200 stimulus. I thank God and all involved. Like many I was wavering between two thoughts. Distrusting of the government. Believing that they don't care and the disabled are relegated to the back of the line. Thinking  this is political. I mean I was way out there with some of my posts.

At the same time I tried to keep our spirits up by saying keep your head up and don't give up. If what I posted in the past helped some that's great. If what I said frustrated people even more, for that I truly apologize and ask for everyone's forgiveness because I did not mean to do so. That's what emotions will do.

I posted the following a few weeks ago:

"Whatever the reason I 'ain't' got mine yet. Those who have received theirs that's great. I'm happy for them. I'm not getting my hopes up any time soon though. If it comes I'll be happy. If it doesn't it's not the end of the world. So it's a waiting game now. Hang in there everyone as I will too. God bless."

I will continue to pray as I have been doing multiple times a day that those who have not received yet will do so. Take care everyone.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 43 of 675

Right Richard. No need in agonizing over anything else if you can help it. You, myself and many of us were agonizing the past few weeks. I just received my $1,200 today as well. So I continue to pray for those who have not. Another post about this is a little longer and a little more detailed than this. As I always say. Hang in there everybody.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 44 of 675
J221... that might be true, maybe buy a lottery ticket also 🙂 but here in Florida we are going to have some nasty thunderstorms in our area through out the day so I'm going to wait till next week to do some fishing.
Cheers.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 45 of 675
RichardD753001....Maybe you ought to go fishing today. It might be your lucky day!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 46 of 675

I checked my bank this morning and low and behold my stimulus showed up being deposited. Great to get that monkey off my back, now I have to find something else to agonize over (no thank you). For those of you that haven't got yours yet, I hope it comes real soon to you. Wish you all the best.

Cheers

Trusted Contributor

Message 47 of 675

I get where you're coming from. Though I haven't bought anything based on what I should be getting, I did have the money earmarked for some things I needed on my job. I'm currently working under Social Security's Work While Disabled program working part time hours each week.

The money would be very useful in purchasing some items that would be helpful in doing my job more efficiently. I still haven't gotten those things. However, I won't let them fluster me to the point where I'm going to be thinking about this all day long. I just keep moving right along.

However I do feel for you in and I'm not diminishing what you're going through. I truly hope you get your payment very soon. Take care and hang in there as best you can.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Message 48 of 675

It's truly sad isn't it? Every other day so-called help articles appear everywhere with the same recycled information on what, when and how we are supposed to receive the stimulus. They have no ability to assist us in any capacity whatsoever. Only engaging in false hope and keeping the frustration going. Don't let this Define or Diminish Who You are. Take care.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 49 of 675

I was so happy to read your post this morning.  Your words very much sum up my feelings.  Its been saddening for me these past weeks to read posts on this AARP site that are becoming more and more political and discriminatory.   Again, I appreciate your words and thoughts.  

Highlighted

Message 50 of 675

Hello everyone, we understand the interest in stimulus payments in the current circumstances.

AARP continues to cover updates on this subject at www.aarp.org/coronavirus. We also suggest you follow guidance directly from the IRS found at www.irs.gov/coronavirus.

Please remember to keep this thread on topic for the purpose, there are political threads to discuss subjects if you desire: https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Society/ct-p/CurrentEvents

Stay safe and healthy, and remember to post according to the guidelines.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Pen Pal Safety

Take pen pal safety precautions.
Learn more.

Top Authors