Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Trusted Contributor

I was under the impression that those who collect SSI have not worked enough  long enough or do not have enough recent working credits to get SSDI.

But if you were in a low paying job and did not work long enough and they instead give you SSI (which I know is not much income) you also usually qualify for food stamps and medicaid in which you would not have to pay anything towards your medical.

Those that are here legally working and paying taxes would receive more because they are earning more and paying taxes.  

SSI is usually given to those who did not earn enough to qualify for SSDI benefits.  But hopefully, you are also getting (which most SSI people get) food stamps and free medical.

Honored Social Butterfly

@walterab wrote:

I merely said it is wrong that an illegal gets stimulus money and me, a US citizen does not.

How would you know they are "illegal" ????

The CARES ACT prevents anybody without a "working" SS # to get a Economic Impact Payment.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center - Who is Eligible and Who... 

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:  U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number within the adjusted gross income limits.

WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE: 

• those who are outside of the stated eligibility income limits -
  • If you are or can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.
  • You do not have a valid Social Security number.
  • You are a NONresident alien.
  • You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Contributor

So I am being petty by not liking the fact that my Country is giving money to people here illegally  and not giving money to a Vet and a Citizen? Really? Good grief!!!   I do not need or care to have the money but I do care about my government giving my tax dollars to illegals and giving me the shaft. By the way, the Government is not giving any of you the money. They are simply taking the money from you and returning a small portion. If illegals were not receiving money, then I would not have mentioned them here. Sorry you miss the entire point of my post, but then again, why am I not surprised.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Who says illegals are getting money? Do they have a SS# which they need in order to qualify for a stimulus check. If the answer is yes, then who gave them the SS#?  YOUR GOVERNMENT! They come here and took advantage of what WE give them. Employment. Along with that comes all the other little perks such a stimulus checks. My beef is with my government, not them! 

Contributor

I live in Calif and our Gov is issuing 125 mill out to illegals. Check the news.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Respectfully,  NO, I  must disagree.  What part of ILLEGAL do any of you understand?  It is like saying, you can walk into any store and cart out whatever you want and not pay for it.  They do not deserve payment of any kind from a government that is not legally THEIRS!  

Periodic Contributor

If that is truly happening, then stating it is not petty. Facts are not subject to political correctness.

Regular Contributor

Then protest your AMERICAN companies that hire them. Next time you drive past a building site, go tell that to the AMERICAN contractors who hire them. They wouldn't come here if Americans wouldn't give them jobs. When's the last time anybody turned away a contractor because the laborers they used were illegal? When's the last time anyone walked out of a restaurant because the cook was illegal? Nothing to do with political correctness...its the hypocrisy. The real problem is all the manufacturing jobs that American companies sent overseas! 

Contributor

Not sure how I would know the cook is illegal. There are laws against hiring illegals. I am not a cop or a judge or a politician that can go after the bad guys.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Another day and still no stimulus. I guess it's rubbing off on my fishing.... got skunked at it too, but a bad day fishing beats a good day waiting for my stimulus money.🐟

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

April 29th, May 5th, May 13th. Same day as you get your SSDI benefit. Check. Debit card. May 29th and on and on and on. Good gracious. What's the next way? Gift cards.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

CassTech71.... at this point I'll take the money any way they want to give it.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

It's not that I don't want or need it. It's just the Ever Changing stories that's tiresome. Someone wrote they didn't like President Trump's name on the check. I replied Abraham Lincoln's name can be on it as far as I'm concerned so long as they send it.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Spoiler
It's not like I don't want or need it. It's the ever-changing daily story that's wearisome. In fact a week or so ago someone was a little dissatisfied that President Trump's name is on the check. My reply was I wouldn't care if Abraham Lincoln's name is on it just send me what they said they was going to send.

It's May 21still no stimulus money. Can anyone find out who the real contact is?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Still no stimulus money for me. Got my SS DD on 5/20 (third Wednesday of the month for me)

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Here is a link to the IRS press release about the prepaid debit card and who gets them...

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm1012

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I ran across this about 20 minutes ago. Another wrinkle in the ongoing Stimulus saga.:

IRS Issuing Stimulus Checks Via Prepaid Debit CardsYours Could Arrive This Week

"...To date, the IRS has already issued over 140 million of these payments. The majority of these payments were made via direct deposit. But there are still millions of payments to be made.

Today, the U.S. Treasury announced they will be sending 4 million Economic Impact Payments (EIP) via prepaid debit cards, while the remaining payments will be made by check. 

The EIP Cards, as the Treasury referred to them, will be mailed with instructions for activation and can be used to make purchases, get cash from in-network ATMs, and transfer funds to their personal bank account without incurring any fees..."

[My neighbor is on Social Security and said he received his stimulus 2 weeks ago. Well that made me feel better. Not!]

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanguina/2020/05/18/irs-issuing-stimulus-checks-via-prepaid-debit-card...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CassTech71 

I posted about this EIPcard earler today -

AARP Community Social Security Board - EIP If You Do Not Have a Bank Account 

Mostly for people who do not have a bank account - If they are receiving Benefits and don't have a bank account, they usually get their benefits loaded onto a Direct Express Card but for legal-design reasons the IRS/Treasury could not do this (Direct Express Card) load so they are issuing this Special EIPcard - it is actually a VISA Debit card. 

From the EIPcard link at the bottom of this page:

Your Economic Impact Payment Card contains the money you are receiving as a result of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act). The EIP Card is sponsored by the Treasury Department’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service as part of the US Debit Card Program.

IRS.gov - Economic Impact Payment Information Center - FAQ 

from the link ~See Q&A #38 -

Q38.  What If I don't have a bank account?  updated May 20, 2020

A38. We will mail your Payment to the address we have on file for you. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS). Your payment will be made either by check or, in more limited situations, by a prepaid debit card.  If you receive a debit card and have any questions regarding how to use the card please go to EIPcard.com for more information.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

OK...how could the IRS not do this...as on the 13th everyone who uses the Direct Express Card with Direct Deposit, who didnt have a Representative Payee received theirs on the card?

So whats going on...SSA hasnt updated anything on this...nor has the Direct Express site

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Is there anyone else that did not have to file taxes and is in social security only and us eligible and has not received there stimilus money as if yet

its starting to worry me my social security is direct deposit for the last 2 years, but I have not seen a thing yet and really need it ??????!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Not received mine either,do not file and DD  for last five years.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes. My wife and I both on SS and SSDI. Me for over ten years. DD. Get My Payment still saying status not available, can't determine eligibility. Absolutely ridiculous it's taking this long. Good luck to you!
0 Kudos
Contributor

One more note, the IRS also told the contributor, that payment information in the GMP portal would be updated Saturday morning to reflect payments scheduled for the 4th Wednesday (next week).  I also hope that is true.  As of now, my payment status is also not available.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LesterL757565 wrote:

One more note, the IRS also told the contributor, that payment information in the GMP portal would be updated Saturday morning to reflect payments scheduled for the 4th Wednesday (next week).  I also hope that is true.  As of now, my payment status is also not available.

It could also carry on until the following Saturday (May 30) when those on Supplemental Security Income (SSI)  or   SSI + Social Security benefits are processed.  They have a (normal) separate date of benefit distribution - the 3rd of the month.  Plus they had several weeks (until May 13) to add any eligible dependents to increase the EIP allotment on the IRS file.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife is also on SSDI only and her normal payment date is the 3rd of every month.  She did in fact receive her stimulus on 4/29, and as the 3rd of May was a Sunday she got her SSDI on Friday 5/1.  A few days prior to the SSDI on 4/29 she received DD for stimulus.  From what I have read here stimulus DD always happens on Wednesday's.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LesterL757565 wrote:

My wife is also on SSDI only and her normal payment date is the 3rd of every month.  She did in fact receive her stimulus on 4/29, and as the 3rd of May was a Sunday she got her SSDI on Friday 5/1.  A few days prior to the SSDI on 4/29 she received DD for stimulus.  From what I have read here stimulus DD always happens on Wednesday's.

What I mean, Lester, is that benefits for SSI or SSI +Social Security, DON'T go by the beneficiary's birth DAY (day only) - 

Yes, benefits are always paid on either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th WEDNESDAY of the month depending on the beneficiary's birth DAY (day only)  EXCEPT for those who receive SSI or SSI + SS and they are all paid on the 3rd of the month - moved up if there is a w/e or holiday. 

The IRS did not close out the SSI (and VA) pay files until May 13 so that anybody that needed to could add their eligible dependents to their EIP payment allotment.  If they missed that window, the only way to get this extra dependent money is to file taxes next year for TY 2020.

Here is the 2020 calendar - I am only posting these (3) months of 2020 and the header and footer - which explains it.

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2020.pdf 

Screenshot_2020-05-21 Schedule of Social Security Benefit Payments 2019 - EN-05-10031-2020 pdf(2).png

Screenshot_2020-05-21 Schedule of Social Security Benefit Payments 2019 - EN-05-10031-2020 pdf(1).png

Screenshot_2020-05-21 Schedule of Social Security Benefit Payments 2019 - EN-05-10031-2020 pdf.png

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

"Yes, benefits are always paid on either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th WEDNESDAY of the month depending on the beneficiary's birth DAY (day only) EXCEPT for those who receive SSI or SSI + SS and they are all paid on the 3rd of the month..."
Also SSDI recipients get paid on the 3rd of the month... if you began receiving it before May 1997. I know many people on SSDI (myself included) who get paid on the 3rd of the month. So it's not just SSI and SSI+SS. As far as the stimulus and trying to figure out who gets theirs when, good luck. There's been no formula or schedule that I've seen. It's been a confusing haphazard mess. When they get to you, you'll receive it (hopefully).
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@J221 

You are right -

Maybe we should make this an "odds game".  😉

I do know a disabled person who I think the SSA calls an adult "child" of a Beneficiary.

He became totally disabled before he was 22 years old and father was already retired drawing Retirement benefits.  The adult child has continued to draw SSDI based on his (now) late fathers work record and will for now on -  

I think he did start this benefit before 1997, pretty sure,  but since the benefit is under his late father's SS # - wonder if he will get an Economic Impact Payment??  He really has no financial worries, thanks to the way his late father planned for him but his life is hard and expensive with 24/7 caregivers and disability related expenses.  He is a really neat guy with a great sense of humor.

Yep, we are all different in various situations even though the government tries to pigeon-hole us into some defining groups for work-ability.

Good Luck to all - hope everybody is a little richer SOON !

Periodic Contributor

@LesterL757565 what number did you call, or did you go through a Tax Pro?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP