Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Message 31 of 635

People arguing about illegals getting money has nothing to do with the IRS ... but they are getting money from the state of California ... $500 ... just google it ... so enough about it ... I don't agree with it ... but it is what it is ... If you live in California complain to your state government ... not the IRS

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 635

@walterab wrote:

I merely said it is wrong that an illegal gets stimulus money and me, a US citizen does not.

How would you know they are "illegal" ????

The CARES ACT prevents anybody without a "working" SS # to get a Economic Impact Payment.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center - Who is Eligible and Who... 

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:  U.S. citizens and U.S. resident aliens will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number within the adjusted gross income limits.

WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE: 

• those who are outside of the stated eligibility income limits -
  • If you are or can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.
  • You do not have a valid Social Security number.
  • You are a NONresident alien.
  • You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 635

I received the same this morning, payment date 05/28/20. finally. I hope nothing goes wrong. good luck  everyone & God bless  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 635
J221..., you don't need the dashes in the SS#, more than likely it's the address, the Zip code needs to be correct. I live on a Lane and I spelled it out Lane and it worked for me. Hope you get that straightened out and get your money. Cheers
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 635

I did not pin the problem of me not getting my check on the illegals.  I merely said it is wrong that an illegal gets stimulus money and me, a US citizen does not. If you cannot understand that, then I don't know what else I can say. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 635

YeeHaa! I was right about the IRS having my info and a payment date set. I just checked my bank account and the $1200 stimulus deposit is pending for the 28th! Finally! From the posts here this morning, it appears they are finally getting to us who were left out of all the previous payments. I sincerely hope everyone here gets good news today!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 635

Hoping someone can help with this. After weeks of getting Payment Status Not Available on the IRS payment tool, this morning I tried again, and this time it said "The information you have entered does not match our records. Please try again." This was in red above the social security number line and the line was blank. I tried again, same thing. So I tried it again but putting in the dashes in my social security number, and it came back with the message about trying again in 24 hours. I was locked out. Why would I get this message that my social security number doesn't match their records, after never getting it before? Anyone else have this problem?

I want to add, I think the social security number being blanked out is just a security measure. I now think it was probably my address that didn't match. I've always put my address in the same as it is on my SSA 1099. Tomorrow I'll try it like it is with the USPS. That being said, with me now getting that message, I'm hoping they have my info and payment date set. Otherwise I think I would have gotten the usual Payment Status Not Available.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 635
RickD263091...Exact same thing happened to be. Managed to get the chance to talk to an agent, twice, then after a short wait, a recording said my call was important and the next available agent would take my call, then I was disconnected. Just one more thing to get upset at the IRS about.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 635

I couldn't agree with you more Billy.  Pinning the problem on illegals is a very dumb move.  Just as bad as blaming them for fraudulent voting.  The last thing a person who is illegal wants to do is draw attention to themselves by trying to get a stimulus payment or voting.  I doubt that most even have SS numbers.  The root of this problem is just poor organisation and taking on such a huge task without giving it some proper thought.  Given how the timelines have worked out, I would have been happier if they had taken the time to figure it out first and then started handing out the money.  Now that they're talking about another payment, I hope that they've learned from their mistakes.  But sadly, most governments never seem to learn.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 635

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit, the GMP tool said I'll have my stimulus DD 5/28/2020, I hope they aren't just teasing me and I hope the rest of you get yours soon. Cheers

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE