Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Regular Contributor

Hi Gregory

Yes, this is madness.  While I suppose its nice that they are allowing people to add their information even with such a short timeframe, it amazes me that they seem to forget that millions of us have had our direct deposit information on file with them for years!  They keep saying that they'll get it from the 1099 etc. but obviously have not done so as I still do not appear in the Get My Payment web.  They also miss the point that their own IRS guidance says that people receiving SS retirement, received their direct deposit payments on the 29th of April.  Again, no true.  Maybe being retired affords me more time on my hands, but I really do have better things to do with it than play idiotic games with the government.

Regular Contributor

Same boat:. SSDI (only), direct deposit, non-filer, no dependents, have never been able to access Get My Payment (I get the no information available page and then auto exit)

Sigh. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well some good news for my 56th birthday , I checked back on the status of my stimulus check with the get my payment app.  I finally received and answer as to when my check will be arriving. It is on it's way. The get my payment app is finally running like it should . So if you still have not received your check yet, you can now find out with the working Get my payment app.  Have a great day.

Contributor

Umm, is 05/11/2020 and I’m on SSDI for 2 years with DD for the entire time and I have confirmed that via mysocialsecurity that SSA has my correct contact info and bank account info. Yet, we have been told that our data was given to the irs fir us to be paid before the end of April. They are still saying we have been paid( SSR, ssdi, rrb). However I have not received the direct deposit for the EIP and the GetMyPayment tool still shows ‘status Not Available’ for me. I have also seen that there are others still having the same issue.

No the GetMyPayment tool isn’t fixed at all. I’m glad it works for you but something is definitely broken. 

also, was a software engineer before becoming disabled and I know how to black box test software and figure out it it is broken. I can prove to you that the irs GetMyPayment tool has bugs in it. You can go out in a fake social that no one on the planet can possible have, don’t use all zeros because that really breaks the tool fir a minute, then out in your birthdate and your address info and press the button, Guess what, yes the tool returns “status Not Available we don’t have enough information (We are working on it) ....

Now if I can break it by using all zeros for the social, try it, it’s an error message that you haven’t heard of before, it’s says something like “the service is down please try again when the service is back up” in all red. Means I probably crashed the webservice retriveing the data and the webservice thread had to be shutdown and restarted to get back to a working state. 

anyway it there tool is this buggy, which the tool they have is barebones and is simple to write, should’ve been a 1 man 8 hour job at most for even a novice webdeveloper,  I probably can recreate the same tool in maybe 1 hour or maybe 2 where most of the work would be on tweaking the database query and mine would work, give you the info you needed, even have informative error messages instead of cryptic general error messages that can have more than one possible cause for the error like there tool has. 
with it being this full of bugs and very poorly coded it makes me wonder how buggy the data transfer from the SSA database to the IRS database was and how many of our records didn’t get transferred. 

im thinking a lot of data didn’t get transferred just by seeing how many people like me on ssdi that should have had this all resolved by now have posted that they are in the same boat. The boat of “Status Not Available”.

Dude GetMyPayment is whacked broke! And there’s no one at the IRS or SSA to talk to or probably even cares because guess what? they are getting paid!

Kudos
Views
Regular Contributor

Absolutely spot on correct.  No matter how many times I read that its been updated, fixed, enhanced and ready to show everything for every one of us, nothing.  All of my data has been correct and in the system for nearly 10 years with no changes of bank information, addresses, etc.  And nothing.  I'm getting really tired of hearing how I've been paid on the 29th of April.  And yes, no one to call.  

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Call 1800-829-3903 soon as they start to speak hit #1 dont do anything else if the 1st. Person dont wanna help u ,hang up n call back again til they help. they will answer in like 10secs. Then ask them if they can help you by checking in the computer... I just did it, they check my info n made sure my  direct deposit was correct.. see they just got all of my info like may 6th. I wasnt in the system at all.. good thing I went to non filers. I hope u get th he info u need. 

Periodic Contributor

I also am seeing a pending direct deposit in my bank account for the 13th next week. Yay for us!
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

It still doesn't work for me, I still get the 'Payment Status Not Available---We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this).

Contributor

Richard are you on ONLY ssdi with no dependent children and have direct deposit set up , I’m just trying to see if you are in the same boat as I am ? I still get that same message as you.

Regular Contributor

I know coming on here doesn't solve my problem of getting my stimulus money but misery loves company and it makes me feel a wee bit better knowing I'm not the only one, I do apologize to all of you and hope your stimulus will come to you soon.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I checked my checking account and no stimulus. Today is the 8th and the mailman has come and gone and no check. So right now I am done. I am not expecting a stimulus payment one way or the other. So if I don't post any more comments it won't  be because I don't sympathize with  everyone who has not received anything because I'm in the same boat. I'm just moving on with my life as if the talk of stimulus money never occurred. Take care and God bless everyone.

P.S. I'll probably end up posting again tomorrow anyway. LOL

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I guess that's what we get for not being the CEOs of million and billion dollar companies or institutions with a billion-dollar endowment or an Arts Institute. Because if we were we would have gotten a stimulus payment in the same week they were supposed to be distributed.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CassTech71wrote

I guess that's what we get for not being the CEOs of million and billion dollar companies or institutions with a billion-dollar endowment or an Arts Institute. Because if we were we would have gotten a stimulus payment in the same week they were supposed to be distributed.

Or if you filed a tax return, whether or not you had to pay any tax, because the government agency

in charge of the EIP (Economic Impact Payment) - THE IRS - are more familiar with their own systems, rules and processes. 

Just because the IRS and the SSA are both Federal Government agencies, it doesn't mean that the systems, rules and processes mesh well. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Spoiler
It says the information for people in my situation, has not even had the data compiled yet . Which is sort of disheartening. People are already getting paper checks mailed . i’m assuming that’s we will get ours , after everyone else . You would think , those that were already in the system , would be a no brainer . I can see those that have to submit data , could  take longer. But they already have mine . That’s government for you . Who can explain government?
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

This is new information from the Social Security site. They have updated information.

Go to ssa.gov/coronavirus (***They are saying:

You can use this guide to quickly and easily determine whether you need to take any action to receive your economic impact payment, or a payment for your qualifying child. The document also explains when the Internal Revenue Service, not the Social Security Administration, will issue the payment)

On ssa.gov/coronavirus you will see: "On May 7th we decided to update our guide". Click underneath that, and it will carry you to a pdf.

Link: https://www.ssa.gov/coronavirus/assets/materials/economic-impact-payments-for-social-security-and-ss...

It has 7 pages.

Page one is general information. Page two is a chart that will contain links pertaining to your individual circumstances.

On page 7, there are two catagories:

1. If you filed taxes for 2018/19 (social security/ssi recipients)

2. If you did not file taxes for 1018/19.

*#1 will link you to the Get my payment tool:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

*#2 will link you to the non filers form:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Hope this helps everyone.

Cheers

Honored Social Butterfly

@pm4342 

Good link to that IRS page; I have posted it several times before -  getting people to read the post is the other problem.  The IRS page you posted give good info for everybody in these groups - SS, SSDI,

The only other thing I wish to add to your post - The #2 or the NON-Filing IRS tool is now closed since the deadline window for the last group (SSi & VA benefits) to add any eligible dependents to their payment ended on May 05, 2020.

The GET MY PAYMENT IRS tool should be able to be used by everybody in a few days since the last group (SSI and VA benefits) is being now uploaded since the cut off date of May 05, 2020.

In a few days, say by about Monday, if people in these groups (SS, SSDI, RRB, SSI, VA who didn't file taxes in 2018/2019) don't have anything showing in the GET MY PAYMENT TOOL - they have some other individual problem.  The GET MY PAYMENT TOOL should say the amount of the payment being received and how it is being received.

Posting it again for Good Measure:  Here is the link:

IRS Economic Impact Tool: GET MY PAYMENT 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Gail

I don't think this really is a good link or for that matter any of the links, SSA.gov, etc.  They fail to provide current and accurate information.  I've followed both the IRS link and the SSA website, read all of their updates, and basically, they just change the date and not the information.  I'm told to look at page 4 to find my status.  I find my info. did not file in 2018 or 19, have no children and receive SS retirement.  I'm told I need to do nothing and that everyone like me was paid on the 29th of April.  Rubbish as its not true.  The IRS also tells nothing valuable in any way.  The Get My Payment tool is also useless in that using what you've said about SSI and Veterans being load in now, that should mean that everyone who gets SS retirement should be in there.  My data has been the same for years, is correct on my 1099 and my benefits have been deposited in the same bank account in Florida for nearly 10 years, yet they have no information about me.  And I'm certainly not alone in this.  Even in reading updates in the media, everything stops on 29 April for SS retirement info.  No updates beyond that except for SSI and VA.  Its like none of us exist.  This morning I made copies of my passport, birth certificate, voter id, original SS card, the current pages from the My Social Security site 6 months worth of bank statements showing my direct deposit and my account numbers.  I've packaged it all up and am posting it to the IRS in Baltimore with the question being "now what about me isn't real or in your system."  But I have to admit that I don't believe that any of that will make the slightest difference.  I'm beginning to think that I stand more chance of winning Powerball than getting my $1200.  So I'm just going to give up and going with the idea that this is just another government muck up.  In all of my 69 years have I ever seen the US government more dis-functional.  

Trusted Contributor

LeighG227172...I'm in the same situation. Been receiving SSDI for 25 years via direct deposit. No taxes filed. Receive a SSA-1099 every year. The same address and bank account for 7 years. Every day I see a new date posted by someone. That date always comes and goes and I still don't receive anything. Just the same Status Is Unavailable on the Get My Payment tool. I expect there to be a big increase of payments being sent to deceased individuals by the time this is all over. Because that's probably when we'll get our payments. If then.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@J221 

Didn't you say you filled out the NON-Filer IRS tool awhile back ?

When/IF you did that, you in essence sent a Simple 1040 Informational Return to the IRS.

The tool's purpose was to add any eligible dependent to the scheduled payment.   To ADD $$ to their individual EIP whatever way they receive it - direct deposit, direct express card, check.

The toll was closed for SS, SSDI, RRB on 04/22/2020.  Then the payment was scheduled to them via their normal mode of receiving benefits.

The tool closed for SSI and VA benefits on May 05, 2020.  Any modification is now being made  to their file and the payments (same mode as what they normally get) is being scheduled for mid-May.

Most likely your scheduled payment was kicked back for review to investigate why you completed the tool since you didn't give any dependents or to check any direct deposit info between one system and another - I bet ( a guess) you may be getting a check instead of a direct deposit because of this discrepancy OR the IRS is still investigating the (any) differences in the info and who knows how long that will take or how you will get your payment.  Did you give them direct deposit info when you filled out the NON-Filer tool?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here 

from the link ~

Who will receive the Economic Impact Payment automatically without taking additional steps?

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
  • Recipients of Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
  • Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits

. . . . Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment

Reminder for SSA, VA, SSI and RRB Benefit Recipients with Dependents

The IRS has already scheduled payments to taxpayers based on Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI),  or survivor benefits, Railroad Retirement benefits. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Veterans Affairs (C&P) benefit payments will be scheduled shortly for payment in mid-May. However, the window has closed to use this tool for these recipients who have a child and don’t normally file a tax return.

----------------------------

more at the link provided ~

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Yes I did enter my information into the non-filers site even though I get SS retirement by direct deposit, have had the same banking information for years, recieve my 1099 every year, etc.  I did this because all of the promised deadlines for payment had come and gone.  The information that I entered is the exact same information that is used for my direct deposit.  Also if you look at the IRS guidance, question 17 "who should not use the non-filer site", the answer shown for that question mentions nothing about Social Security recipients not entering information at all.  Everyone now is only talking about SSI and SSDI, yet there are SS retirement recipients who still have not been paid.  And still nothing on the get my payment tool.  I wondered at first if I was being skipped because I am a SS recipient who lives abroad, but the IRS guidance says that it makes no difference.  And my direct deposit bank is in Florida.  One reason why I live abroad, as millions of SS recipients do, is because my SS goes further outside of the US.  And if they do send me a paper check, I still have to mail it back to the US for deposit anyway.  Covid-19 nearly killed me and had me in hospital for 5 weeks and I survived that, but I think the stress of this stimulus payment will be what ends up killing me.  Sorry if I sound frustrated.  I am.  None of the information that everyone mentions turns out to be accurate.  Dates come and go, information doesn't answer questions on the SSA or IRS websites, and there is no one to call. 

Contributor

No one to call.  That’s the most frustrating.  If we are opening up - why isn’t the IRS open for business?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Exactly my experience and feelings.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

GailL1...No, you must have me confused with someone else. I've never filled out the non-filer form. I've clicked on it, but when I got to the part that said SS and SSDI recipients should NOT use it, I closed it out without filling in anything.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well, this is Friday and I did get my check dated for last Friday 05/01/2020 - I am a tax filer (and usually have to pay).

So MAYBE the IRS is uploading many of those, remaining for some reason, EIP Direct Deposits tonight for SS Retirement, SSDI and RailRoad Retirement - and everyone will have a nice surprise soon.

Periodic Contributor

It doesn’t apply to me . I’m told that there is nothing that I need to do.. i don’t have anything that  I need to submit or confirm. I have screenshots from the IRS page , that says that  has been computed within in their system yet, so I cannot check on it . A tool won’t help that . The tool told me that .  I would upload a photo ,, but I f ft not see a way to upload in this post .

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@w647806rwrote

Then you just wait -  If it is that you are on SSI instead of SSDI, or you are on a blend of the two, then your payment should come about mid-May. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

The updated PDF gave a link to the non filers tool as suggested for SSDI/social security recipients who did not file taxes.

I used it and was approved.

No dependents.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

When I clicked on the tool to enter my info, this is what it said...

Do NOT continue here if:

You receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Veterans Affairs benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@J221wrote

"When I clicked on the tool to enter my info, this is what it said...

Do NOT continue here if:

You receive Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Veterans Affairs benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment."

Which tool are you using?  sounds like you are using the NON-Filer tool and not the GET MY PAYMENT tool - just guessing.

Are you using this one?

IRS - GET MY PAYMENT - Check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment 

Click the GET MY PAYMENT Blue Button - click that you agree to the privacy disclosure -

Then it will ask you for identifying info - Give your SS #, Street Address, zip code - don't think you have to enter city / state.

If you still have problems, the Social Security Administration posted a summary of other problems TODAY - you might see if you fit any of those.

SSA.gov - May 07, 2020 - Economic Impact Payments for Social Security and SSI Recipients – Steps to ... 

Also are you sure your benefit is SSDI and not SSI - Social Security Administration administers both and some people apply for both at the same time if they might could qualify for SSI and sometimes people get both.

SSA - Fact Sheet Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI): What’s the difference? 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

GailL1...I was simply telling another poster who suggested using the non filers tool what it says. I've tried using the Get My Payment tool for almost two weeks and always get "payment status is unavailable". And of course I know what benefit I'm getting. I'm disabled and have been getting SSDI, NOT SSI, since I became disabled at work in the early 90s. Believe me, I know the difference between SSDI and SSI.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP