Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Trusted Contributor

For what it's worth (not much), I emailed my Congressman on Tuesday and yesterday I got a reply from his office, a woman's name so I'm assuming it is his secretary or whatever they're called. I had explained in detail what I was going through... I'm on SSDI, my stimulus should have been in my account on April 29th like everyone else's I've talked to, that the Get My Payment tool keeps saying my status is unavailable, etc, etc. In the reply she explained that they just started depositing the money for SSI recipients last Friday, so I should be getting it soon. I replied back that I'm not concerned with SSI payments because I'm on SSDI, NOT SSI, and SS and SSDI payments were deposited on April 29th. Another reply from her...If the Get My Payment tool doesn't work for me, how do I know I should have received my deposit on April 29th? Another reply from me....I know because it was in all the media that, according to a spokewoman from the Treasury Dept, SS and SSDI recipients with Direct deposit should see the money in their accounts on April 29 and everyone I've personally asked said they did get it on the 29th. I included a part of the article in the Washington Post from April 28 that quoted the spokeswoman. Another reply from her....be patient for another week or two and if I haven't received it, let her know. So while I appreciate taking the time to reply to me, I still didn't get an answer. ALL I want to know is why we didn't get our deposit on the 29th and WILL we get it? One thing that irritates me as much as not getting the money, is that the IRS and Treasury HAS to know there are a lot of us still waiting and wanting answers, and they can't even post a couple sentences in their news releases on their websites, letting us know we haven't been forgotten and we should have our money within a certain period of time. It's not like we don't need the money being on SS and SSDI.

Contributor

Hi , I am in the same position as you . I have been on ssdi since 2002 and have had the same direct deposit information since that time .MY portal keeps saying, “ payment not available” ! I have no other income accept for SSDI , yet still no stimulus payment! Please keep in touch with me and I will do the same and update everyday! Please let me know if and when you do receive your payment .

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I just hope that all who still have not received anything yet, I hope it comes at all, starting to have doubts.
0 Kudos
Contributor

I am in the same position as most of you on this site.  Have been on SSDI since 2016 with same bank account direct deposit.  Wife is also on SSDI with same bank DD information.  She received her stimulus payment on 4/29 and to date nothing for me!  Also in my case, the get my payment app continues to say payment status not available.  SSDI is our only income.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Now all I hear is that all the SSDI etc., should already have the money... where and how the heck do they figure that B/S
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I just did a post about new info. on the social security site
ssa.gov/coronavirus
read my post

pm4342
Contributor
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well...I have to think about what is taking them so long to deposit the stimulus WITHOUT being cynical. A million is a lot of people...that's 100,000 nine times plus 99,999 plus 1. I hear that many, many people don't trust the government, but those who are sending us our check, depositing our money, are like us. They have to check 189 million accounts one by one before they okay the money for each one. How many can one person do in a work day--300?-500? I prefer to ease my own frustration by giving them some time. Let them do their jobs, and keep myself preoccupied until the money comes. Crying about it isn't going to changes things for me, or how fast the money comes in. Worrying whether or not they decide to renege isn't under my control, but how I react to it is. I am still the same person, I have still the same emotions, the same family, the same interests, the same interesting hobbies, and more, all worth much more than $1200. Twelve hundred dollars is much needed, but at what emotional cost? Nothing new here, no deposit in my SS account.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well I must say that you have a great way of looking at things, very intriguing. For me however when it actually comes to the money itself I honestly could care less, my problem is however that (as I stated in many post) I hold people accountable for their actions/words so if you say something like a date in this case then you better stay true to it (I don't accept excuses) but I do understand that from time to time, things might happen that cause alterations of stated dates and that is understandable as long as you explain it perfectly clear to whomever it effects and do so in a extremely timely fashion. Do not leave people hanging with no information as to what to expect following your inability to uphold your previous statement and most importantly, be honest about it. In the case at hand all official parties involved have been massively incompetent and to be blunt, all checks and or deposits that are to be dispersed could of been completely finished in a smidgen over 2 weeks total (excluding newbies and address change issues). I'm waiting to hear that they ran out of money and say that if you didn't get money, too bad.   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

SSDI Non filer. Nothing has arrived by direct deposit. They are doing this in a haphazard manner. First they give a date of 4/29 for people on SSDI, then nothing happens for most people, but instead of rectifying that, they skip to whole new categories of people and give them a pay date. Then you find out that all kinds of people are being paid randomly. So essentially the dates they give are just empty promises. I think it would have been more efficient to just let Social security tack on $1200 to everyone's monthly check and let people with dependents file online for the $500 per child.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Can't wait to see todays show,

Welcome to another episode of the SS, SSDI etc. continuing saga "As The Story Changes" the new hit show from the makers of "IRS, A Fantasy World" and the producers of "Every American will receive $1200.oo" unless we decide to change our minds.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I am on Soc Sec with direct deposit and the local newspaper here today said that the stimulus money for my situation started being sent out/deposited last week and will continue through May...so like a whole lot of you...i be waiting.  

Also, the following is an article i found on online and has pretty detailed information.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/04/timeline-irs-stimulus-payment-glitches/

Never Look Down on Anybody...Unless You Are Helping Them Up. 🙂
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

There is one common thread that I keep reading in many of the posts and its that we just read this on one site or another or in our newspaper or heard somewhere, etc.  It would really be great if we all didn't have to search the net and every other possible avenue for information and could just get a short and concise update from the SSA or IRS.  They have the correct info and don't seem to want any of it to be known.  I've emailed Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, my member of congress and my US Senator, the Washington Post and also the New York Times about the situation that millions of us are in and get nothing back.  I shouldn't have to scrounge for information like that just because our government agencies just can't be bothered.  When did the government of the people and for the people cease to exist!

Periodic Contributor

This is right off the non-filers info page. No I haven't received my stimulus check yet...quoting right off the non-filers page:

Most eligible U.S. taxpayers will automatically receive their Economic Impact Payments including:

• Individuals who filed a federal income tax for 2018 or 2019
  • Those receiving Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), survivor benefits
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients
  • Recipients of Veterans Affairs Compensation and Pension (C&P) benefits
  • Individuals who receive Railroad Retirement (RRB) benefits

It doesn't say when, and when I check in at Get My Payment portal, I am told

Please Try Again Later

We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.

Please come back after 24 hours and try again.

If you need additional help, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Well the GetMyPayment tool can't be used by anyone on any of the SS, SSDI etc., etc. it tells you right there that information for those has not been loaded into that APP
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Yes, those on SS and SSDI can use the tool now. No, it wouldn't work until the IRS received our info from Social Security, but they have supposedly received all our info now. I know of people receiving SSDI who have used the tool and it told them when their direct deposit would be made and some have been informed that a check was, or will be, mailed on a specific day.

Regular Contributor

Still says,

Note: If you receive SSI or VA benefits, your information is not yet available in this application.

All Social Security beneficiaries fall under those, according to what the IRS told me, so I tried it anyway and got this..
We are unable to provide the status of your payment right now because:
We don't have enough information yet (we're working on this), or
You're not eligible for a payment.

Well, I'm more than eligible and they have had all my unchanged info for over 10 years so you got me.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Right. But I was specifically talking about SS and SSDI. Those went out on the 29th, and SSI and VA started after. And whoever told you that ALL Social Security beneficiaries fall under SSI and Veterans benefits must be the same person that designed the Get My Payment tool. That's nonsense.

Regular Contributor

Thanks but clearly not all the SSDI went out on the 29th or 30, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th because I have direct deposit and on SSDI and I have not received diddly-squat and my parents are both on SS and they have not received anything either, the only thing I know for sure is that this entire situation is heart wrenching, like a freaking nightmare that I just can't seem to wake from. I cry like a schoolgirl that got dumped at the prom at least once a day and not over the money because to tell the truth, I could care less about the money for me, it's just the principle, it's feeling the pain of all the people that lost and are losing loved ones that kills me a little every day because actually my money has not been affected at all, I just have to look out for my folks.

No-one asked for any of this and I know that everyone is trying, my problem is me, I'm the guy that "starts trouble in some people's eyes" but that's not really true because I am the guy that makes people prove things that they say and stand accountable for their actions/words etc. and most people hate that hell, sometimes I hate that but I can't help it, it's like a curse. I think I might attempt to run for President next time.. LoL .. I would probably be snuffed out before I even got started.. Holy crap, I been rambling on and on, I am sorry and thank you for your replies and input.

Ralph T. Porter Jr.

Presidential Candidate for 2023 umm 2024 yeah, that's it 2025 I mean 4..

Periodic Contributor

dont worry about stating how you feel, many of us are right there with you! I am also one of the ever waiting thousands....just waiting and waiting...
Honored Social Butterfly

@J221 

The IRS was a little late in compiling the data  with any adjustments that were filed via the NON-Filing Portal.

SS, SSDI. RRB  - Economic Impact Payments started on 04/30 and are continuing on until complete - mostly during this week but could go into a few days of next week.  The NON-Filer adjustment reporting portal didn't close until 04/22/2020 for those on SS, SSDI and RRB.  Most likely they are either going by the sequence in your SS# or your birthday, which determine the time in the month when you get your regular benefit -

SSI and VA Benefit beneficiaries had their NON-Filer adjustment reporting portal extended until May 05, 2020 and their payments will go out closer to mid-May or ASAP after they upload all the eligible changes

All of these beneficiaries should get their payment exactly like they get their benefits - Direct Deposit, Direct Express Card or a US Treasury check.  UNLESS, they tried to change it somehow by going into the NON-filer portal - then that has to be reconciled by the IRS since that was not the purpose of the Non-filer portal.  Anybody that did that, might get a check instead of something more direct.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

So, May 6th and still no direct deposit of Stimulus. SSDI, non-filer, Payment Status Not Available, yadda... yadda!

BUT, 

My housemate- same situation- SSDi, direct deposit (chase, same here) received his payment on April 29th.

HE entered his information on the non-filer site and that only ssec with dependents were told to use. He just didn't claim a dependent. Anyone else here about this? 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

same for me

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and filled out the Non fíler page this morning, irrespective of the instructions.  It was easy.  I received an email after submitting it, saying I had submitted it, then a second email maybe an hour later saying the IRS had accepted it. Given that I’ve never been able to access Get My Payment, it at least let me feel like I’d been able to do SOMEthing. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I did the same and still only seeing that my return was accepted and now I don't need to do anything more....just wait. I filled the form out on 4/28. Still no status update...I read on some site that we should be seeing a payment for direct deposit by mid May now....I also should not be receiving a paper check as I have direct deposit for my SS retirement for years now. I only entered my bank account infor on that form for non filers since there was a part that mentioned if your benefit is less than 10,000 per month, it wouldn't hurt to enter your direct deposit info. I was a little confused because I do receive my 1099 every year so I assumed they have my current info. I hope I didn't delay my deposit or end up with a paper check if I shouldn't have filled out that form...just don't know.

Regular Contributor

Well.  I know this situation is wildly frustrating. It's clear that there are thousands, perhaps millions, of us in the same situation. For many MANY of us, our cases are incredibly straightforward, but something's not working in the system. Still. 

It's the sheer lack of relevant, correct information (which is the defining flaw in the entire response to this crisis) that's driving us crazy. 

The time to make and continue to make a fuss is now. (It's becoming abundantly clear that those on SS, SSDI, SSI, Vets, are expendable, and I mean literally expendable...).  Three weeks from now, the story is going to be that the infection rates are going up fast again because of the haphazard reopening.  

What to do:

Keep bugging as many people as possible, namely:

AARP (they're not doing enough here, or if they are, they're not communicating their efforts -again, lack of information)

your state senators offices

And

The press (in as many forms and levels as possible)

Type up one straightforward explanation of your situation and save it to use again and again. 

I understand we're all fatigued.  I'm sorry that so many of us are waiting waiting waiting.  But the more people that speak up, the faster SOME response will be made. 

Trusted Contributor

What a cold situation, to be treated like this. I've been on disability for years now with the same checking account and the same direct deposit information. I also was able to work on two different jobs at two different times under Social Security Disability's guidelines for working while disabled

My employment check was deposited into the same checking account my SSDI benefit was, and still is, deposited into. The last time I filed an income tax return was in 2017. Even though I did not have to file in 2018 - 2019, the IRS currently has 2 ways to verify my direct deposit information. From the job that I had in 2016 and the direct deposit information Social Security has on file.

There should be no reason for me not to receive my Stimulus payment through direct deposit. Yeah, what a cold situation this is.

Periodic Contributor

It truly is so frustrating! I am also waiting and have read on one site that there has been a little delay for SS recipients receiving their stimulus direct deposit and we should be seeing it by mid May....sigh... we'll see.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You are so correct that it's not funny, to me I believe wholeheartedly that it is just a stall tactic because they said from the beginning that we needed to do nothing, my information from my SSA-1099 and my direct deposit information has not changed in over 10 years. We can't use any of the online so-called tools because they tell us clearly things like, Do Not Continue if, or if you get SS, SSDI, RR etc., etc. your information has not been loaded into this APP yet, well why the hell not? If all they needed was the SSA-1099 then what is the freaking hold up? I think they plan to keep stalling this for us until they are completely out of money and then tell us, "sorry, we're broke so you're screwed"

PS: You know I have emailed every single reporter from every news agency that had email addresses open to the public (well until I got tired of doing it) and to this day, NOT ONE PERSON HAS REPLIED!

Ralph Porter

Regular Contributor

Another day and another "payment milestone" date with nothing.  From what is said on any of the websites, payment for SS recipients should have already taken place and now its SSI folks.  Yet nothing in my account today and I've been on SS retirement for years, receive my 1099 and have not had any changes in any of my banking or address data.  Paper checks?  Why?  And no place to verify any information on payment status, none of the info on the SSA site or the IRS site offers any explanation of any sort.  No one to call, no one to write to, etc.  The media seems to know nothing and writing to your representative seems to be a dead end as well.  I'm not sure why I should be surprised at anything given the fact that quite some time ago, the level of IRS staff was substantially reduced in yet another of the President's "drain the swamp" actions.  So a reduced group of people are dealing with this for all of us.  Not an easy job and I feel for them.  I'm also surprised that the IRS needs to get info from SSA.  It was my impression that everything about evey one of us is keyed to our Social Security Numbers.  Taxes, benefits, etc.  It should be easily available to the IRS I should think.  Based on all of this, I've just carried on planning knowing that along with many people, I will never receive any payment from Uncle Sam.  Sad but true.

Periodic Contributor

My wife and I recieve Ssdi Dd for years no tax filing no changes I received my stimulus on 4/29 by Dd my wife has gotten nothing and when I use the get my payment portal all I get is status unavailable.so two days ago I used the non filers portal entered my wife as a single person her banking info and some other personal info and got a response from irs that her info was accepted and that they will proceed from there.hopefully this will get her the 1200.00 she is entitled to

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP