Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Regular Social Butterfly

Perhaps you're filing different names (you didn't mention in your post) as different filing status (if you are both collecting SSDI why different names)?

That may cause delay,,,

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Stall tactics, all stall tactics.
Contributor

My husband and i both receive Social Security disability and we have a joint bank account yet my stimulus check went into the account on April 29th and today is May 5th and my husband still has not received his yet. Not sure why ours was not deposited at the same time and wonder how many other people have this problem and who knows why since there is no way to find out the status

0 Kudos

Name Lynnel Jensen

0 Kudos

Yes my wife an I receive  social security deposit

each month

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

On April 22 I made a reply, Message 24 P.3 where I placed my bank info for DD on the IRS site. On May 2 my reply, Message 237 P.24 showed that I would get the Stimulus money on May 6. My bank account today shows that the $1200.00 is pending so it will be officially deposited overnight. 

GodBlessUSA

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

An update: The Get My Payment portal still has no information. I still have not received my payment. Not sure why we're being kept in the dark...the news has dropped many of it's information reports about when social security retirees get their payments, but what seems weird is a lot of stories about how social security will fail. Go figure. It seems like the media thrives on the ol scare tactic. Well, patience is the key here. I think I will have a Charlie Chan movie extravaganza and forget about this until Friday. I hear that a new round is going out on the 8th.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I binged on The O'Jays over the weekend. Before that I went 1950s westerns. Before that I went Sword and Sandal movies with Steve Reeves in Hercules Unchained and the Thief of Bagdad and then The Magic Sword starring Basil Rathbone and Gary Lockwood years before he co-starred in 2001 A Space Odyssey. Gotta do somethin' while I'm waiting.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I also ended up getting the "We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 01, 2020" even though I have been receiving DD for my Social Security 7 years.  We were "assured" that if we got Social Security via DD, that is how we would get paid.  And when reading the text below the tool to enter bank information, it stated that SS recipients should NOT enter their info as the IRS would get that from SSA.  Seems a a typical inter-department government snafu.  Hopefully that message actually meant it would be mailed on May 1 and not that I was added to a lengthy mailing list.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Out of 170 million processes there bound to be mistakes on someone's end. Bank refused DD, incorrect# or home address. Filed to late or sent in extra dependent info. Bank or IRS transposed numbers. Even when a recount of election votes there are dozens of count mistakes. You're unlucky to be one of those but its never going to perfect. I waited 3 weeks to get any info off Get My Payment and finally DD last week. Hopefully you will receive it soon. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm not just "one of those", I'm one of the millions still waiting while all everyone can talk about is the second set to go out.. They just spit out bullcrap lie after lie probably hoping that we will just forget about it or whatever.. I would not put it past them as another stall tactic that next they make us prove one thing or another via snail mail.. as I said before,

Welcome to another episode of the SS, SSDI etc. continuing saga "As The Story Changes" the new hit show from the makers of "IRS, Fantasy World" and the producers of "Every American will receive $1200.oo" unless we decide to change our minds.

Periodic Contributor

I said the same thing, here they're talking about a SECOND pay out and I, as a SS retiree with normal direct deposit, haven't even seen my FIRST pay out...so frustrating
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Exactly Ralph. I've seen a number of comments where links concerning when the stimulus should arrive are posted. But it's still not helping us who have not received anything. Don't get me wrong. I've clicked on some of those links and I've already read the majority of them beforehand. So I'm not disparaging that. I appreciate them helping, I really do. But with me I still cannot access any info.

I can't use the payment tool because it won't work for me. I said in an earlier comment, using all caps, no caps, adding or subtracting info does nothing for me. I can get no information. So it does seems like everyday the Story is turning on a dime.

First it was the 29th of April when we were supposed to get them. Then it was May 1. Now it's early May. I hope I get it by my birthday next month. But I ain't slicing the cake until I see it with my own eyes.

Regular Contributor

Don't worry that there isn't a reference to direct deposit information on your 1099.  There's no place on that form for that, plus no reason for that info be on a 1099. 

I've tried the Get My Deposit portal with dashes, without dashes, ALL caps, current address, old addresses - etc etc.  Never have moved off the no information page. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

1. I really think the confusion is when the IRS says you going to get direct deposit just as you get your SSDI deposited. That they'll get the information from your 1099. However if there's no banking information on that 1099 I haven't seen anything stating that they're going to get the DD from the SSA. So without that info on the tax form it looks like its going to be paper checks.
  2. As far as the Get My Payment tool goes, it still doesn't work for me. I could put all caps, no caps, apt number, no apt number, Social Security number without dashes. with dashes, well I really haven't tried it without dashes yet but you get my drift.
  3. So it's just a waiting game for me. Oh by the way I tried the tool again in the middle of this post and it still doesn't work for me no matter what information I put in or takeout.
  4. If I'm not getting a check I wish it would tell me so. I'll be upset and angered but at least it'll bring closure and I won't have to continue waiting for it.
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

1. I meant to say I really haven't tried it with dashes. That would be really crazy if that's all it took to get the information. Oh well.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The best article I've read about our problems.  The takeaway is that there are problems, but we're part of a huge group still waiting. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/04/timeline-irs-stimulus-payment-glitches/?outputTyp...

Periodic Contributor

Update on my status: The Get My Payment Portal indicates that my information is not available. So, I will continue to wait. I am retired, no children, no other income, no other dependents, no disabilities, nothing else, with Direct Express Deposit. You'd think since my account is very simple they'd know something. They say: not enough information OR you don't qualify. I don't see why I wouldn't qualify, I'm an American Citizen with no debt, including the Federal, state, and local government. I didn't file taxes because it is below the required level. So...*shrug* I am obligated to wait al-be-it with some frustration.

Contributor

I made 12,816 on ssdi In 2019. Do i need to do anything. My ssdi goes on direct express card.
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@riverdance5000wrote

I made 12,816 on ssdi In 2019. Do i need to do anything. My ssdi goes on direct express card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO - nothing now. 

If you have eligible spouse/ dependents, you have missed the deadline to add them in -

Those on SSI and VA benefits still have until May 05, 2020 to submit the info -

If you don't have eligible spouse / dependents, you will be processed with the bulk of the 1099-SSA, 1099 - SSA(SM), 1099-RRB folks and when all that info is loaded from SSA onto the IRS site, then you will be able to find out how your payment will be sent.  Yes, it should be loaded onto your Direct Express card.

This article explains it all real well.

FORBES 04/30/2020 - What Social Security Beneficiaries And Other Seniors Should Know About Their Sti... 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@DavidS871610 

The IRS portal says that because they have NOT gotten to your category or scenario of individual circumstances.  Your info has not yet been uploaded to the portal yet.

See my post in another thread on this board here to fully explain this:

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Social-Security/HAS-THE-IRS-SCREWED-SOMETHING-UP-WITH-THE-STIMULUS/td-... 

Yes, it is a waiting game because there are so many to process and thus the IRS is doing it on category bases with checks and balances.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I made 12,816 on ssdi in 2019 my ssdi goes on the us direct express card do I need to do anything. Only ssdi. I am getting frustrated. I need help. I have been without a home since September and sleep in my car and I stay in hotels when I can I need this money.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@riverdance5000wrote

. . . . am getting frustrated. I need help. I have been without a home since September and sleep in my car and I stay in hotels when I can I need this money.

====================================================

I already answered your post on your stimulus payment but wanted to address your homeless situation.

Many areas have closed group shelters because of the risk of coronavirus spread - but many of them are commandeering hotel rooms to house the homeless so that they can also "shelter-in-place".

Wherever you are, try to contact a local or state government agency (state FEMA may help) to see what accomodations they might help you find.

As far as the stimulus payment, it is just a huge (physically & logistically) undertaking by the IRS and thus some folks have to wait until their group category is processed.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

You need to let them know who you are with a SS number, DD or legal residence to be sent to. If you are living in a car or out in the open the IRS has zero idea who and where to send it to. You might try and get some legal help soon to process this request. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

They know where I am. I have  p.o. box that is where I get my mail.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

To get a PO box number you need an place of residence address. The IRS wants a home address usually. Have you sent in your information or is Get My Payment not available for you still? 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Welcome to another episode of the SS, SSDI etc. continuing saga "As The Story Changes" the new hit show from the makers "IRS, Fantasy World" and the producers of "Every American will receive $1200.oo" unless we decide to change our minds.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am on ssdi and get it on the us direct express card I have been without a home since September and sleep in my car and I stay in hotels when I can I made 12,816 on ssdi in 2019 been on ssdi since 1996 I have no dependents and do not have to file taxes when will the stimulus check be direct deposited to the us direct express card do I need to do anything 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I am an online SSA.gov account which sends me notifications when anything has changed during the COVID-19 period. Yesterday, I had a notification from the SSA below. I also receive SSDI through DD since day one and have not had to file taxes in three years, but regardless, the Get my Payment tool indicates they mailed out a check on May 1st to my last known address.

I am ASSUMING that you may get a paper check. Do you have a PO box address for the IRS to send it to you that you have had since your last filed taxes? Is there a way for you to get to a computer and go to the Get May Payment portal on the IRS Site. If you do not have a set known address for the IRS, it will be returned to them. You may be able to update the information. Below is the notification I got from SSA as of two days ago. (Some have already gotten it on their direct express cards earlier, but this info was updated two days ago.

"Direct Express Card Holders You may use the Non-Filer tool, but you will NOT receive your $1,200 payment on your Direct Express card. You will receive both your $1,200 payment and each child’s $500 payment on a non-Direct Express bank account you can provide, or by mail if you leave bank information empty."

The IRS does not have our banking information and even though I get an SSA-1099 like most on benefits, it only shows how much money I got from the IRS and has no information on it about my dd.

I hope things change for the better for you soon.
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Its quite disheartening when everything is correct and yet its all still wrong.  I've been receiving SS retirement for the past 8 years, its been directly deposited in the same bank account the entire time, I receive my 1099 each year, am under the income cap and according to the written guidance from the IRS, I should have gotten my payment on the 29th of April.  I've also checked the My Social Security site and my account and all address and banking information is correct and up to date, yet, IRS has no record of me.  

I think the most frustrating part is that there is no avenue to follow to talk with someone, email to or write to and be able to flag a problem or ask a question.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP