Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 611 of 675

My disabled daughter and myself both got the notice that our checks will be dd on April 29  yeah

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 612 of 675

You are correct. The first time Get My Payment at IRS worked. After tonights update. I check for both myself and someone else. Both getting it on Apr 29 at two different banks. Bank numbers check out. Finally! Tomorrow morning millions will be happy when they check the site. Hagn.

Thanks,

Alan

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 613 of 675

Just checked, my $1200 is going to be DD on Wednesday the 29th. Only SS income, did not file taxes 2018/2019 and no dependents. Hope you all get the same. Stay safe

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 614 of 675

I worked for a company that did something similiar to what is going on right now between two agencies and checks coming in.  Definitely did not work for the IRS or SS.   Once you filed with the IRS, it negated you in qualifying under the ss/do not file/having the DD on file.  For those wondering why if you had to pay taxes and used a direct withdrawal from your account, that is not the same as them having your direct deposit information.  It's coded differently in a different area.  They do not have the time or resources/man power to wonder and check if someone qualifies through ss or another means.  They are going strictly off that you filed a return.  

I'm guessing that their system when requesting those names/info from ss cross references those that have filed a return and those will not be sent over from ss.  The IRS does not have the manpower to check through the whole ss list to see who has filed a return, so guessing there is a cross reference that would eliminate  security numbers of those who filed a return already with the IRS.  

My adult daughter definitely qualifies as she was paralyzed 2 years ago due to an illness, receives SSD and has not filed a return in 18 or 2019.   Her info still says, unable to determine eligibility.  Me on the other hand, will be a toss up but definitely not expecting a check.  I was working with the IRS before all this happened due to a failed business and tax issues.  We were working on me getting my 2018 and 2019 taxes filed.  He had put me on the do not collect list until this was all straightened out as I do owe some.  I retired 2 years ago and my income with my retirement and ss is 40K.  I haven't filed in 2 years, I get the 1099 from ss but should file.  It's a crapshoot for me.  I wasn't expecting one so it's all good.  

It's extremely time consuming to do all the cross checking and if they had to do that, people would not be getting checks for a year to two years.  So I think they are doing it straight forward.  You filed a return, they aren't looking anywhere else.  That's my guess.  I'm also understand why everyone qualifies even if you didn't lose your job (within dollar limits and legal status).  If they had to request info from everyone with proof that  you lost your job/income, people would not have gotten checks for years.  So it was an everyone thing with the above stipulations.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 615 of 675

That schedule has changed many times. Here is what else AARP has pointed out which is incorrect:

What if I don't get my stimulus payment?

Start by checking the IRS Get My Payment web tool for determining whether your payment has been issued. The IRS only updates the tool once a day; you won't get anything but frustration by checking several times a day.

1. No one with SS, SDI, VA, RR can get into now or ever Get MY Payment. Read below on their site when you get ready to enter. There is no information for SS, SSI, RR ect so basically do not bother. 

2. The section of they update everyday is a lie. 4/17/2020 and no updates until Tuedsay 4/21/2020. The updates also do not change the fact that SS peoples can not get any information so going there at a later date if you have no payment (which we dont to this day)(try entering your SS number and address). You will get the same no information since day one, zero. So it has been a revolving door that certain millions of people can not get into a place they wish for information. SS closed, no contact. IRS no phone, no contatct, IRS portal, no contact for SS persons. Unless of course you filed taxes then they have your info. SS has it and IRS was supposed to perform duites as getting it and DD into our accounts. Not a check but DD as stated 100 times. Yes the wheels go round and round but end up in the same place as started from getting nowhere nearer then before. IRS site is useless to 10s of millions, period. Thanks for the next info which we will all be waiting for our soon to be soon DD into accounts. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 616 of 675

Please do not panic yet.  The wheels of government go round and round and round...

From AARP: What Is the IRS Timeline for Sending Stimulus Checks?

In particular, please note:

End of April

At the end of April, adult Social Security retirement, survivor and disability insurance (SSDI) beneficiaries who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019 will receive their payments if they receive their benefits via direct deposit. (Nearly 99 percent of Social Security beneficiaries use direct deposit.)

Early May

The Treasury Department has announced that adult Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients will receive their payments by early May, in the same way they receive their normal benefits. If, for some reason, your bank account information was incorrect — if you've changed banks, for instance — the IRS will send you a paper check instead. Weekly payments will continue until all eligible people get their payments, according to the Ways & Means timeline.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 617 of 675

That is exactly why. Those that filed early usually give their DD numbers to the IRS. IRS does not have SS DD numbers and supposed to be getting from SS this past 3 weeks. SS only people can't use the Get My Payment site. It keeps saying not to because it has zero info to give. That and others that use SS are like over 60 million people. Those that had extra income and filed got their monies unless they had to add dependents to the filing. They are on a different schedule now. Straight SS with DD (since now everyone has DD on SS) are not getting it put into accounts like promised. There is nothing other then the IRS not being able to perform duties to supply those with DD and SS people. So all of us are in limbo not knowning when or how to get it. The SS director is a clown and liar coming out 3 times past 10 days and acting like we are already in the process and soon. How many times can one state soon and be wrong everytime? All 8 people I know from all different banks in same situation have not gotten any deposit into their DD. The chat sites are full of them wondering the same thing as millions as to what the facts actually are other then changing them every day and only being a speculation at best. There is no one at IRS nor SS that can give you what you need to know. SS is mostly closed and IRS not answering phone which would be millions anyway. You were in the right spot at the right time. You filed early and IRS got your DD# so off it went to you like it was supposed to. Now other site is touting 88 million paid. Well that is fine except there is another 70 million that does not have it yet. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 618 of 675

Alan posted-I would be surprised if you had SS and no taxes to get stiumulus since most of us have not. The DD is run by SS where we ALL get our monies each month.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I pay  IRS taxes and collect SS (both got my DD info).I imagine one of them is why I got mine so early.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 619 of 675

I just have straight SS and DD. No dependants nor taxes. What I have to do with anything else is beyond me. I was told 2nd week DD would be in for SS, period. Then told different things each day and week. All needs to be done is send it to my bank DD. The IRS site is useless becaue you can not enter unless you file some taxes. There is no tax to file. So last wee it was soon, then this week it is soon maybe next week and it goes on until you wait for a check that supposed to be DD because that is what was relayed in the first place. I would be surprised if you had SS and no taxes to get stiumulus since most of us have not. The DD is run by SS where we ALL get our monies each month. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 620 of 675

If you bothered reading, like I did, you would see thee was a DEADLINE of 12 noon Wed. where the 500 dollar for kids under 17 had to be noted, thus all DD Social Security Checks were held up until that deadline, then they would start going out, of course after a little bit of the Gov. adding some of the info they got in to the checks going out. So, if there was a deadline e Wed. at 12 and you expected your check before that, its on you who didn't comprehend what the deadline meant. 

I read in the Wall St. Jour. last week that the DD SS Checks would all arrive by early May at the latest, so its obvious the start in late April. Come on man, you know Gov. never does anything fast, LOL. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit