Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

Periodic Contributor

Stimulus Check when you have Social Security Deposit every month

I did not get my stimulus check deposited in my accout as stated it would be. I went on the IRS site and the response was they had no information for direct deposit!  Well you have been depositing my SS check every month in my checking account, did you check there??? I filed a federal return and owed some money, but have not paid yet because of the extension. I filled out the form on the website for the stimlus check  along with the bank info they asked for, so that was yesterday, we will see, but not all of us  on SS are not automatically receving the check in our account as stated. You would think we would get ours first!

Susan Sheppard
Trusted Contributor

Great. Thank you for letting us know the positive. 😉

Smiles...

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Still don't have mine, and I started this post way back in April! I hear it will be May - my question is if they have the SS deposit information as stated  and getting a monthly check, why did we not get the first round of checks in our deposit since we were the easy ones. Seems people who paid their income tax and had deposit info on file got theirs first, some who did not pay this year yet, also got their check - no rhyme or reason.

Guess we will see in May - we all knew this would not go smoothly! 

Susan Sheppard
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Blondie I haven't received mine either, we just need to be patient.

They don't do things the easy way, always have to complicate matters.

Smiles... 😉

It broke my heart to lose you but you didn't go alone, for part of me went with you the day God took you home!!
0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

They are those that work for us. We pay them for their services. If no one ever complains nothing ever gets done when it's supposed to. We were told our accounts would be DD and coming for sure 2nd week. The SS commissioner stated 3 different times soon. How many times can someone say soon over the course of 10 days to know its not going to be soon? It is lying to save face when confronted by media and people. Closing down SS and then having IRS to pay us the stimulus via DD is not working. Why? I can't say for sure other then the fact that the facts that have been posted by every news media, web site are NOT fact. They all said go to Get My Payment. Well I am afraid that site does not work for like 60 million plus people. It gives no info as to when or where. It even states not use for SS, SSI, SI, VA or RR because there is zero info for 3 weeks on it. Just asking for those working for us to deliver what was promised and it's not. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

As I understand it ,the first checks and direct deposit went out last week. Surprisingly ,my DD  came 10 days ago. Knowing the government usually doesn`t work fast it was unexpected  that it came so early. I been told ,that if it was coming by check it would take several weeks or even longer.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

The Treasury said SSI recipients would see the money directly sent to them by early May at the latest through direct deposit, paper check, or Direct Express debit card.

Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio had advocated for the change, and he praised the decision in a tweet.

"Glad the IRS is listening to us," he said on Twitter. "People should not have to jump though bureaucratic hoops to get their stimulus checks."

Just got off the phone and a friend who receives Social Sec., he just received it.

We need to be patient, I'm one of those having to wait till early May at the latest.. their words.. not mine..

Smiles...

0 Kudos
Contributor

"Just got off the phone and a friend who receives Social Sec., he just received it."

But did he file 2018 or 2019 taxes or file on the IRS's web site for a dependant?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I have not gotten it, My mother has not gotten it, My ex has not gotten it and next door neighbor has not gotten it. All have DD at different banks. There is zero info at the IRS or SS site as to when, where or how. This whole thing has been on going for weeks. The only info has been hearsay and speculation from all the on-line news and other sites. People also lie like SS commissioner who states 3 times in the last 2 weeks that it will be soon. LOL. Guess what though. SS and IRS work for you. Not the other way around. Statements made should be kept. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Tim why don't you call H & R Block, they should have the information. Be a simple fix.

Smiles...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I didn't file taxes in 2018 or 2019 or for any dependants on the IRS's web site.

You stated earlier that a friend of yours who gets Social Security has received his payment, OK great.

My question to you was and is this: did this friend of yours who gets Social Security and received his stimulus payement from the IRS file taxes in 2018 or 2019 or file for a dependant on the IRS's web site?

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

This friend of mine... did get his stimulus check. But I haven't. 😉

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

That is my exact point. What was said weeks ago is that SS that had DD would get the 2nd week into their accounts. Then the Commisioner gets on stage and states soon. These are being changed on the go and not the actual first plan of dispursement. Whatever is said yesterday does not hold because today it is something different. It is supposed to go into our DD accounts, not check or next year. I can show dozens of promises that are never kept. Why does the IRS Get my payment site not work for like 70 million people. Because they do not have the DD accounts in 3 week from SS. If you make a blanket statement and never hold to it then what good is your word? All we have gotten from everyone is hearsay, speculations and lies. I am also hearing now is that SS will get last? Why is that since we all have DD accounts for years? Now checks are being sent out before the DD ones. Again makes sense huh? Thanks for the info that again is hearsay and not written down as fact. Meaning if it does not come to pass it is usless just like the IRS Get My Payment site which does not work. Okay there is no choice but to wait then. No matter what is printed, staged or promised. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, that;s the site and we did file tax returns for both 2018 and 2019.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

The Get My Payment site does not cater to SS, SDI, VA, RR and others that did not file taxes. I have been there dozens of times. It even tells you below and other various places. If you use SSA, SDI, VA, RR and others there is zero information for you. Another place even states it is not for these organizations unless you file. My bank information SS already has DD for some years. I was just trying to get the status as others and are given none. The site has been up for 2 weeks. It is useless site for 60+ million people who want to find the status. It was even stated I quote "This site is updated daily" Which again is a lie. It was updated on 17 apr and not again until 21st Apr. So no new info was even processed. The soon which the media have given along with YT and other sites has been used for the past 10 days. Soon will be next week then it again should be done soon. We all have DD and there is zero reason why this has not been transfered to millions yet. Wrong inforation is worse then no information. You can only use the site if you filed taxes or filing late and changing dependents. All others can not even use the site and this is why when the media states go to Get your payment site and get info is not correct for millions. All the info given by others are just hearsay and speculation. They just could have said in the first place you get it when you get it because when they said you were gettting it ...YOU ARE NOT GETTING IT. Yeah I  know, Soon we will get it. 

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning MsStretch and Everyone..

MsStretch thank you for helping me get the word out!!

I pray you all have a safe and healthy day!!

Blessings to all.

Smiles...

Contributor

It does not do any good to have my Social Security deposited direct into my bank--  when the goverment decides -- NOT- to send me any stimulas check- The goverment will just put in their own pockets !!!

0 Kudos
Contributor

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#receiving

Go to A22 on the IRS page;

If you filed your 2019 or 2018 tax return but did not receive your refund by direct deposit, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file even if you also receive Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits by direct deposit. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I filed 2019 income taxes, I always do, but using the IRS tool to check the status does not work.  I get always an error and technical difficulties. My income is only social security and pension, so I pay $0 and I got refund $0.  When I try to put my Bank deposit information, the IRS tool asks me to put my SS Number and the adjusted gross income. I do that but then asks to check one of the boxes if I received or owed money. Since I did not receive or owe money, if I put 0 or if I leave the questions unanswered, it stops there and I can not go further. It can not accept my bank information that I put in even as it finds my return.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Make sure u put (0 for ur agi)  make sure u put periods n ed everything correct or it were not let u finish it.

Trusted Contributor

Why do you file taxes if you are only getting benefits?  I have not had to file taxes for two years (the two years that they are looking at).

So although I have been getting my SSDI through dd, when I checked today (they updated last night 4/25) it now says A PAPER CHECK WILL BE MAILED ON 5/1/2020 AND THAT THE IRS WILL USE THE LAST KNOWN ADDRESS THEY HAVE FOR YOU.

So of course, if you put in 0, it is not going to work for you.  IRS does it to validate you are the right person.

They updated yesterday so now it tells me a paper check will be mailed even though I get my SSDI dd.  

I feel for people who are getting SSDI and have not had to file taxes and have moved, because tHE IRS is going to mail to the older address, and it will be returned and it will just taking that much longer.

Luckily I have not moved and I check my last taxes done for the year 2017 and I am glad I had my apt. number on my IRS taxes.  Because of this virus, we no longer have our regular mailman, so now we have different mail people every day so I hope they put in the right mailbox.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Don't give up totally on Direct Deposit, regardless of what

the site says. Be glad your info is indeed there.  I have

read others that checked that "payment status", and

nothing was there, yet they had the DD the next day.

Also the 1099 forms don't show bank info and the new

benefit statements you also get towards the end of each

year, just show your new amount.  And it says if you

get paper checks we mail that, or if direct, that new 

amount will be deposited.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I was finally able to get pmt. details late last night. I will be receving a DD at my bank 29 Apr.. The Get My Payment site is finally working for SSA around midnight. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

If you filed your 2019 or 2018 tax return but did not receive your refund by direct deposit, your Payment will be mailed to the address we have on file even if you also receive Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits by direct deposit. This is generally the address on your most recent tax return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#receiving

I hope this helps. I had the same issue. The IRS site does not recognize -0-

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@evrytan 

You do not have to do anything, you will get your money, if you have direct deposit and/or receive it by mail for your SS.

According to the news I watched tonight the stimulus money for SS recipients by way of direct deposit has not been made.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#elig

Q4-  A4. You are not required to file a tax return and will automatically receive a $1,200 Payment if you received Social Security retirement, SSDI, survivors benefits, SSI, or Railroad Retirement benefits in 2019. You do not need to contact the IRS, Social Security Administration (SSA), or Railroad Retirement Board (RRB). The IRS will use the information from your 2019 benefits to generate a Payment to you if you did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019. You will receive your Payment as a direct deposit or by mail, just as you would normally receive your federal benefits.

Periodic Contributor

That's not exactly true. If u still   havent recieved at date from the irs portal n it's still saying not available,  the irs said, to ffg I'll it out, it wont hurt you at all. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

will that direct deposit be on the same day i receive my usual soc sec benefit?
0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not recieved my stimulus deposit on my direct exspress

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

No, I finally got my check by deposit yesterday 4/30 - I get my SS check on 3'rd Wednesday
Susan Sheppard
0 Kudos
Contributor

Not yet for me. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

See my post above...

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP