Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your fears about Social Security

Message 41 of 320

i agree with what we get from social security and no raise this yearand no one cares what we have to pay out,for rent ,heat,electric,phonefood,i pay 1000.00 then i got supplement ins.182.00,and life ins.214,00,and when i`m done my checking says 000,00.

so what else do they want from us our skin or don`t we eat this month or live under a bridge.

the i read in the paper last week that the goverment want to vote to help mexico by voting to give then some of our money we worked taxed money we worked for. well i feel charty beginns at home and they shgould take care of us first .

faith h.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your concerns about Social Security

Message 42 of 320

I am equally flabergasted that SS is going to take 3/4 of what I have earned, just because I have another retirement.  I look at it as being penalized for planning for the future.  So much for planning!!  I have heard that they are taking a look at WEP again - keep praying!!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Republicons

Message 43 of 320

Once again the Republicon are  tryin to destory AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.  The bigest problem is that the   the Republicons really don't care if we live or die.  My sister has a racist white person working for her part-time. Now this lady likes  to talk about what Obamas not doing for her so she and her husbankd were  to proud to except any goverment help. Things got so bad for her and  husband  so she sign up for the Affordable Care and Food Stamps now they can eat and afford to go to the hospital It will be sad when so many Cancer patient loss their coverage. People haven't seen bad times YET!!  Let that racist Donald Trump get in the white house and this country will be FUK-up.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your fears about Social Security

Message 44 of 320

i was affermed as dissabled about 2003. i was 50 yrs old i started geting ssi each month. when i turned 62 i was geting $500.51 dollars a month. i never chose to sign up for social security. the social security office took it apawn there self to sign me up and it cut my ssi down to $100.00 a month and now my social security is $616.00 a month and ssi $100.00. its very hard to live on that when you pay for gas and my meds are $30.00 pluse fixing lawn mower & every so often parts for car & life ins & car ins house hold items. theres been no cost for living expence in yrs. by the time all these get payed plus the electric bill thers not much left for the month. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 320

@tb6982285 Have you every visited the Social Security website? If not, then visit it now and under my Social Security create an account. If you can't find the information you want on their site then I suggest you call or visit your local Social Security office.

Posted by,
cat0w
Texas (USA)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 320

@tb6982285 wrote:

I need some assistance my fellow AARP's! I have been on SS since 62. I just turned 65 and I understand I can apply for a return of some of my reduced benefits since I applied at 62. What is the procedure for claiming a return of the reduced benefits? Thanks for your assistance!

If you applied for YOUR OWN benefits at 62 and have been receiving YOUR OWN (early reduced) benefits since then - there is no way to get a redo because that reduction will always be with you.

There use to be a way that you could pay back ALL the money and get a redo but that ended in (I think) 2012 and now you only have 12 month to perform this pay back and claim again.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 320

I need some assistance my fellow AARP's! I have been on SS since 62. I just turned 65 and I understand I can apply for a return of some of my reduced benefits since I applied at 62. What is the procedure for claiming a return of the reduced benefits? Thanks for your assistance!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 320
Tell the house, et.al. to stop forcing seniors into poverty.
Some of us, myself included, must work for insurance...to pay rent, to eat...yet, my Social Security sets limits that makes me pay back monies I already earned!
My minimum wage job provides insurance til next year and I am ALLOWED Medicare - which will be deducted from my Social Security on top of the $128 they are deducting for THREE YEARS due to my making over $15,000 in 2014 - I may not afford my rent and may become homeless unless
I continue working for Walmart past 65 whether physically able or not....why doesn't someone care about us?
The HOME OFFICE
Positively Organized
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 320

@dc51234209 wrote:
I heard disablity will be cut by 19% in October 2016. Is this true? How does a person survive on even less?

The (2) year budget deal approved by bipartisan action in the senate at the end of 2015 fixed the problems for now but did nothing to fix both programs - OASI and SSDI - for the long term.

The Hill 10/26/2015 Budget Deal Includes Social Secrity, Medicare Reforms

The amount a beneficiary receives either from OASI or SSDI is based on their own work record,

figured In a more progressive fashion with lower income people getting more bang for their working years earned income as used in the benefits formula.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 320
I heard disablity will be cut by 19% in October 2016. Is this true? How does a person survive on even less?
Kudos
Views