ACA Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 15. Review Your Options Before Being Locked in for 2018. Read More

Info Seeker

Are they going to keep the freeze on Social Security for 2012??????

Message 301 of 306
In Response to Share your fears about Social Security:
1)       In the article,    Social Security Fears , many Social Security myths are addressed.  What concerns you the most about Social Security? 
Posted by AARPMiller

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: Share your fears about Social Security

Message 302 of 306
I read an article that medicare premiums will go up quite a bit for 2012 and to right around $245.00 by 2013 is this true?  As we see no cost of living raise in the last 3 years it must be obvious to SS if they are raising our premiums that all things cost more.
Over the years the government has borrowed from the SS fund and used it for other things and has not to date paid it back.  If they would pay back the funds they borrowed, maybe the fund wouldn't be in trouble today.  I think this should be of major concern..
Info Seeker

Message 303 of 306
Will we ever see an increase in our Social Secuirty again to help the rising cost of living.

Darlene Krake
Info Seeker

Message 304 of 306
I am new to receiving Social Security.  Last week I went to the grocery store and bought staples, many of which were not previously prepared foods.  When I arrived home, I went to my files and checked the same 19 items that I purchased this time last year and found that I had paid 30% more this year than last for the same items.  Gasoline has increased almost double (average) in the last 12 months.  Most federal employees, including US Congressmen, have received cost of living increases.  Some in the amount of 16% increase in one year, as per the US News reported on television.  I have been told that the Social Security recipients have NOT received even a cost of living increase for at least three years (as per local recipients). 

Is there a chance that this inequity of passing out increases will be addressed?  And When?

Jack V. Smith
Silver Conversationalist

Share your fears about Social Security

Message 305 of 306

1)     In the article,  Social Security Fears, many Social Security myths are addressed. What concerns you the most about Social Security? 

Silver Conversationalist

Share your concerns about Social Security

Message 305 of 306

1)     In the article,  Social Security Fears, many Social Security myths are addressed. What concerns you the most about Social Security?