Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: CDR process and what i can expect.hare your concerns about Social Security

Message 1 of 326

@ChristopherS744798 

Hopefully, I can ease your anxiety over this.

CDR's are a normal course of reviews for many on SSDI unless their condition is deemed terminal or is one of the many listed on the Compassionate Allowance list - which are incurable and very debilitating.  For each of the major body systems, the Compassionate Allowance and other diagnosis lists considers maladies so severe that it prevents a person from completing substantial gainful activity. If your condition is not on the list, they have to decide if it is as severe as a medical condition that is on the list. If it is, They will find that you are disabled.

Your condition must significantly limit your ability to do basic work such as lifting, standing, walking, sitting, and remembering – for at least 12 months.  But since many conditions aren't life threatening or completely debilitating,  The use of CDR's is used to determine improvement or not.    The medical CDR's.  gives you the chance to document further your disability.  I believe there are also financial CDR's but that may be just for SSI beneficiaries.

If you have been on SSDI or even SSI for and this is the 1st one that you have gotten then it is most likely rated as a severe condition,

Social Security uses this as a guidance on scheduling CDR's:

The SSA assigns individual review schedules ranging from every six months to every seven years based on the likelihood that you will experience medical improvement. If medical improvement is:

• “Expected,” the case will normally be reviewed within six to 18 months after benefits start.
  • “Possible,” a case will normally be reviewed no sooner than three years.
  • “Not expected,” the cases will normally be reviewed no sooner than five to seven years.

:You seem to be in the "not expected" measure.

Read over this and if you have more questions, I will try to help you.

ALLSUP: Ten Key Facts You Need to Know About Continuing Disability Reviews 

Once you turn in your CDR - you will be advised if a true physical for medical review is necessary - probably not in you case. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Contributor

erns about Social Security

Message 2 of 326

I have a daily fear that my SSDI. benefits will be stopped or reduced for no valid medical explanation  .Just the government trying to terminate deserving recipients benefits .

Highlighted
Contributor

CDR process and what i can expect.hare your concerns about Social Security

Message 3 of 326

I am a 56 year old  who is currently going through my first CDR. I   have been receiving SSDI benefits since 2014 and am wondering if any AARP members  have been through a CDR and what was their experience with the process.

Highlighted

Re: Share your concerns about Social Security

Message 4 of 326

Ok. I read that getting royalty checks from music is ok but if you go on vacation or basically have to pay 700 dollars for a clutch they'll take your check. I mean imagine always being broke and a song fixed it to where you're not rich but you have some extra money. I don't feel you should lose your check just because you basically had to get a car repair and probably had been driving it without a clutch for 2 years. I know I'm not allowed to save but 7 grand. So what if I took the royalty checks and just saved them. Not spend tons of money and once I got enough then I could make it. But it's like you can't get ahead. So I'm trying to figure out what to do when I start getting paid.. I'm not gonna lie. I'll report it if it 10 thousand or more. Isn't that the rule? But if I get 10 thousand dollar checks 12 months in a row I'd have to split that up into monthly payments if I'm smart and it wouldn't last me 7 years due to inflation. Now I don't count on getting much. Maybe a couple of hundred but if I get enough I'll keep what I worked for as long as I can. I paid in every time to draw what I draw. Nobody is giving it to me. The govt takes that out and uses it interest free but always want reasons to take it. So how do I avoid losing my check if I start seeing some good money off of my songs. People recorded them for free and did videos for free cause they knew I didn't have any money. But this money coming back would be a ret urn on what I did have to pay for and also updating. So technically I'd be getting money back that I invested. So there would be no profit to it. Singing a 3 minute song is a lot different than gruelling in a factory 60 hours a week. If a car has ball joints that go bad you just replace them. When that stuff happens to a person their lives are changed forever. Thank you for reading. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Share your fears about Social Security

Message 5 of 326

@r522470d 

The part paid into the system by your employer as a match to your contribution wasn't taxed -  so just think of it as paying tax on that amount.

Whatever taxes you may pay on your benefit goes back into the SS Trust Fund and helps it to continue.

I don't understand your question on "cost of living".

Highlighted

Message 6 of 326

I have a sensible question regarding the "cost of living" increase.

parity is needed but where does it come from?  The system itself needs to be re-evaluated as to how and where our taxes are being appropriated.

i just learned that I will now be taxed for money that I paid into the system for nearly 50 years.

its worse than paying a bank to withdraw your money (ATM fees).

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Share your concercurity

Message 7 of 326

@AimeeV753757 wrote:

I have an issue with social security saying i owe an overpsyment and i have asked for an appeal. They havent gave me my date yet but they took my tax refund. I am found guilty and punished without the chance to defend myself is this correct?

Did you file form SSA -632 and were clear about your reasons?  Did you hear back from them on any reconsideration?

Social Security Admin - Publication - OVERPAYMENT

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 8 of 326

Sounds like Social Security overpaid you in prior months and IRS is paying itback  from your tax refund. 

Why is SS claiming they overpaid you?  You should have gotten letter explaining what you owe back , how its was computed, and why.  If you are talking a few hundred dollars,  can't SS take it out of you future checks assuming SS is right.  Or if you are fraudulently getting SS, (say $10-20K in past payments), you need a lawyer to defend you cuz you willingly committed fraud.  Some people dont tell SS when a parent died, still getting monthly SS checks (and cashing them)  for deceased.  They think SS and US wont find out...WRONG!!!

Highlighted

Message 9 of 326

I have an issue with social security saying i owe an overpsyment and i have asked for an appeal. They havent gave me my date yet but they took my tax refund. I am found guilty and punished without the chance to defend myself is this correct?

Highlighted

Message 10 of 326

I share your views of Social Security, there are so many things going on and a blind eye says nothing, when will this change, these are our elected officials who we vote into office.  Mid-terms are coming along this is the time to vote for change, someone who will stand up for us as we are the majority!!!   Remember we have the power if we vote for change. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, August 6 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event

1 p.m. ET - Coronavirus: Answering Your Most Frequent Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors