Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Receiving my Husband's Teacher pension and my Social security

Contributor

Receiving my Husband's Teacher pension and my Social security

I cannot find an answer anaywhere to this question.  I receive my husbands teacher pension now that he has passed away.  Will that affect how much social security I get when I retire?  I work full time and have for many years

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

You will want to think about taxes though if you get enough from both incomes to have to pay taxes. I'm not a teacher but a retired Firefighter. My FF pension automatically withholds income tax but with SS I choose how much for them to withhold.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sp25565555 wrote:

I cannot find an answer anaywhere to this question.  I receive my husbands teacher pension now that he has passed away.  Will that affect how much social security I get when I retire?  I work full time and have for many years

The SS Government Pension Offset does not appear to apply to you from the information you are providing here especially if you will be applying for your SS benefits based on your own record of work where you paid into the SS system through the years, usually under private sector employment.

Social Security - Government Pension Offset

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP