Income & Social Secuirty

I  retired this year prior to my FRA  (62 currently). Due to bonuses, accrued vacation, etc my income for January is reflected as over $15K. I received my first social security check in February. Next year will they withhold one if my checks due to the earnings? Also, can I go back to work this year as long as I don't earn over $1580 any one month?? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

@rh99239456 

Have you visited the Social Security web site, created an account, and looked at all the information especially FAQs?

The United States Social Security Administration (ssa.gov)

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I think if you make over 25000    then you will have to pay income tax they will not withhold your check  you will pay at tax time

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health