Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR OVER 200+ MILLION PEOPLE GETTING STIMULUS $$

Honored Social Butterfly

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS FOR OVER 200+ MILLION PEOPLE GETTING STIMULUS $$

Washington Post 05/04/2020 - A timeline of IRS stimulus payment glitches  

The Treasury Department and the IRS said $207 billion in stimulus payments have been delivered to 130 million individuals in less than 30 days. 

. . . . The rollout has been particularly confusing for Social Security recipients.

But NOT just for them - there were obstacles that had to be overcome for many different groups - and this WP article describes them in the timeline.

Based on your specific group and what could have been your problem - it looks like it is pretty much covered in this article. 

BUT . . . .

It may be that none of these explanations apply to why you have not received the stimulus money. And any reason — good or bad — doesn’t matter, because you needed the money a week ago because you’re in a desperate financial situation.

The simple answer is that it’s very likely you have not received your money because the IRS is still scrambling to process payments.

SS, SSDI and RRB direct deposit beneficiaries should be getting their stimulus this week in the same manner as you get your regular benefit.

SSI and VA benefits beneficiaries will be next in line.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Regular Social Butterfly

Maybe research a little more on AARP forums: "HAS THE IRS SCREWED SOMETHING UP WITH THE STIMULUS"

(Please note not my ALL CAPS; original title.)

As noted in that discussion, I am SSI recipient who filed with IRS final income tax return with WW-2 as of 2018 return; two different bank accounts; received the stimulus in SSI account (note: IRS.gov site continues to advise differently).

Do not think you won't receive the payment now; wait and give the government some time.

#StaySafe

In the meantime, think about...

... this is a very involved process, takes time, and I hope no one relys on receiving because this is not a guaranteed payment; many factors could prohibit (e.g., child support arrears, etc., unless, as our Governor has done, that is prohibited) or IRS debt, Federal Student Loan, or SSA debt, of any government debt not protected (as our Governor did).

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

SSI with a W2 - Are you sure?  - SSI means Supplemental Security Income and from the eligibility of this benefit, that does not seem to fit the definition. 

Social Security Administration: SUPPLEMENTAL SECURITY INCOME (SSI) ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS  

SSI does not come out of the Social Security Trust Fund - It comes out of the General Fund because it is a Welfare Welfare Program.    the Social Security Administration is involved only because it administers this program.

You are right that other situations might come into play to reduce (but I am not privy to what the IRS is checking for a reduction since they are doing it so fast)  or increase (eligible dependents + $500)  the allotted amount of the standard Economic Impact Statement. 

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP