Periodic Contributor

Early Soc Sec Pmt for Dec?

My Dec Soc Sec benefit was deposited yesterday, Sat 12/12, instead of next Wed like it usually is. I haven't able to find any info on why that happened. Has it happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why that happened?

🤔

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

My January pmt also arrived early. I suspect it has something to do with the efforts to boost the economy.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

No My SSA payment came on it's usual date, the 4th week in the month giving me 2 days for 'last day 'Christmas shopping' which didn't happen and hasn't happened for the past 2 decades because I don't celebrate a 'Commercial Christmas'.

"Don't worry about the oil running out, worry about the food running out"
Professor Al Bartlett PhD (emeritus 1923-2013)
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

SS probably wants to make sure everyone gets their payment before Christmas.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Have you checked the Social Security Web Site?

The United States Social Security Administration (ssa.gov)

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Daybreaker Live! Rock n' Rollin' Spring Fling: A Sock Hop Dance Sponsored by AARP

Saturday, April 17 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. ET

Register Now

AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health

Let Us Work for You

AARP is your trusted friend and fierce defender. Membership unlocks powerful benefits to help you in your life. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership