Trusted Contributor

πŸ€” Anyone Else Concerned About Our FULL Social Security Numbers Are On Our MAILED Yearly Statement?

(1/22/23) I had never paid attention to the area our Social Security Numbers are printed on our YEARLY Social Security Retirement STATEMENT until last week when I received this year's copy in my MAILBOX.

I guess I was not paying attention since retiring July 2020.

I am signed up to get everything ONLINE, but for some reason they INSIST on mailing ONLY this to my apartment address.

I can see the ONLINE version, so why mail me a PRINT COPY?

Hmmm, suppose a dishonest postal worker opens the envelope which is obviously just 1 sheet and from the Social Security Administration.

Suppose our mail gets stolen or delivered to the wrong person.

I would have thought using the usual x's would protect us. Example, xxx-xx-1234.

Any thoughts out there? πŸ€”

To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON, enter your text and click on REPLY BUTTON again.

Social Butterfly

Oh Oh this is not a good thing in todays world..Hopefully something will be done about it ASAP especially the online version which seems to get hacked daily in different things...

Trusted Contributor

(1/23/23) So good hearing from you @jonibee ! I also had sent a News Tip to my local newspaper. Now to see IF anyone cares. Have a GREAT day, I am. Nicole πŸ™‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

(1/22/23) I did contact my senator's office last week and submitted my issue. One of my council women agreed with my concern and had referred me to him. I will followup in a month with his office IF I have not received anything from his Caseworker. Lol, I stay broke, but have zero interest in my number being sold. Yikes! 😱

I will update this thread....

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP