Community Manager
Community Manager

Self care while working should be job #1

Working at home or in the office, you need to remember to take care of yourself.  How are you doing this?

https://www.sistersletter.com/work-money/why-self-care-at-work-should-be-job-no-1

AARPTeri
Contributor

I've worked from home for several years already & balance is key. For me, because I STILL wear so many hats a strict schedule isn't for me but I PLAN well! 

If one is new to this I would suggest keeping a set one of course! Don't forget to get up & move...watch your posture & new areas comfort level. Make your workspace a NICE area set apart just for work if you can. 

I work at self care VERY diligently as natural skincare as well as better alternative healthcare is part of what I do. 

Self care is NOT selfish...it's essential. Self care is an art and it takes some practice. The good thing is, it doesn’t take that much time. Seriously, you can do tons of things to take care of yourself in under 30 minutes a day. I make it a routine I don't miss!

I've been working from home for the last 4 years.  There is a discipline that is needed to do this.  As has been mentioned, you have to make sure you're taking breaks.  No one sits at their desk at work for 8 solid hours so you shouldn't do it when you work from home.  Grab a cup of coffee or tea and take a stroll to the window and have a look at the weather.  Stand and stretch.  Make sure you take a quick breather in between meetings too.  Set an alarm on your phone to remind you to take a break.  Block off a few minutes on your calendar so people know you're not available. And when 5:00 (or whenever your normal quitting time is) you really do have to shut everything off - including your phone.  It's about balance.  Make sure your teams and bosses know your boundaries too.  I live working from home!

0 Kudos

I just completed almost 3 weeks working remotely and I did not like it much. It took me sometime to figure out the way the remote worked. I have a laptome at home and use the setting of extended view. Because of this I felt I had to sit way more than I should have been. If I do this again I will take more breaks and take better care of me. Right now I am on vacation for a week and then I will be on furlough for 3 additional weeks.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png