Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you happier around plants or nature?

Did you know that caring for plants can be a form of self care?  Do you find your moods lift around nature?  Tell us what you experience.

Article on AARP Sisters:  https://www.sistersletter.com/me-time/caring-for-plants-can-be-a-form-of-self-care

AARPTeri
Conversationalist

I prefer nature. That's because I've been responsible for the horrible, long drawn out deaths of many houseplants and it makes me sad to admit so. But I have never yet, even once, been single handedly responsible for an entire forest to cease to exist. Not at all. I'm pretty confident in my abilities to keep most any forest thriving and lasting for the enjoyment of all. I do appreciate thise who have green enough thumbs to help plants thrive. Some of their efforts produce amazing plants and flowers. But me, I like to walk in the woods. That's my happy place.

both
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Online Community Refresh

Online Community has updated the site design in our discussions area to make it easier to connect, follow a conversation and access resources.

The new look and feel will be rolled out in multiple phases starting with these initial improvements in the conversations and replies levels.

Learn more about the new design today.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png