Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 9

You posted your truth in that moment. Not enough people are that brave.

Somebody else needed to know that they weren't the only one feeling afraid.

I believe they also needed your follow up, reminding all of us that sometimes we have to work at positivity.

Pray it out and move on.

Be Blessed 🙂

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9
Thats really good I do pray but I run out of easily and find myself laying in bed trying to recover.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9
Im feeling lonlier these days
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

I understand.  I was laid off from my job.  As a Senior working kept me going.  I was just adjusting when we got hit with Covid-19 and told to stay in.  That made matter's worst.  Just the idea of not being able to go out to the gymn, physical therapy or meeting up with my Senior friends for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I am feeling isolated but it helps to get a hobby.  I like to sketch in charcoal, not and expert but it occupies some of my free time, so does gardening.  It is not a complete remedy but it helps a lot.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I enjoy working at home. No i don't feel lonely because I still talk to my coworkers individually during work and after-work. I am also still active with the daily prayers and with bible study daily with the Chaplain at my job.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Wow...  

Yesterday I posted a negative and fearful response to "how do you cope with loneliness."

My apologies....  It was a bit of a down day.

Today I know that I (we) will persevere.  For now, I will do all that I can to keep myself and others safe.  While I am semi-isolated, I will work on positivity, and I will stay busy.  And when this is finally over, I will be grateful.

So sorry to have spread such a negative message....

Stay safe everyone... 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

I am not lonely.  I am afraid.

I'm afraid that my last few years of life will be spent on the sidelines.  Not able to see or touch loved ones, not able to fully engage because I have to be careful.

And then in a year or two, when / if the pandemic goes away, I am afraid I will be a changed person.  At my age (80), if I step back now, if I stop doing things, will I be able to pick up and start again?  Will I have lost some skills, abilities?

Will my family remember that I used to be a strong, capable person?  Or will they still see me as "vulnerable"?

I am not lonely.  I am afraid.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

I actually don't feel lonelier. I fill my days with activities: I pray, read, walk and take time to relax and focus on my overall health. I also take time with my great-grandsons whom I take care of while my granddaughter works. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

Are you feeling lonelier now? How do you cope?

Message 9 of 9

Are you struggling with loneliness?  Being physically alone doesn’t automatically translate to loneliness. You can feel peaceful while taking solo time, after all. 

Share with us how you deal with being lonely.

Read more at https://www.sistersletter.com/health/the-keys-to-fighting-loneliness

AARPTeri
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, October 1 – Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall Event