Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Tiny or Small Houses

Message 21 of 21

I'm sure at least some of you have watched the various "Tiny House" shows on TV these days. I'm not sure the exact definition, but these custom-crafted structures are usually between 150 - 500 sq ft, and are either stationary or can be towed like a trailer. The designers are very creative & efficient, in making these tiny spaces liveable, and at a fraction the cost of a a traditional house.

Builders say that back in the 1950s, the average home was about 850 sq ft, but has now expanded to 2,700 sq ft.

There are also builders today specializing in "Small Houses", ranging from 500 - 1,000 sq ft, which might seem more livable to a lot of us; incorporating the creative & efficient designs of "tiny" .. with just a little more elbow-room, and the possibility of aging-in-place w/o ladders to lofts.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an efficiently built small house, right near the walkable center of town; I could deal with 1,000 sq ft (I think).

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark