Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Super Bowl Parties

Message 1 of 6

@doglover52 - Thanks for clarifying about the time change. It's more about the half-time show, than the game itself .. I could care less! I'll be reading & then watching my usual Sunday night PBS series too.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

@ASTRAEA Hi, years ago the Super Bowl did start earlier,I think it was either 3 or 4pm, without the oversized pre-game show. It doesn't matter where the game is played,West Coast will always see it in the afternoon

In this day and age,this is the most 'over hyped',commercial filled sporting event.  The pre-game show has become so ridiculous,spending 5-6 hrs ahead of time talking/ repeating the same boring stats about the teams/players. What it all comes down to is 2 things 1.GREED,how much the network will charge the companies to place their ads during the Super Bowl,waste of money in my opinion2.RATINGS,that's all the networks care about. I won't be watching,I'll be reading my book Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

It's a no for me. Not on PBS TV night! Cat Happy

For 2 years now, one person in one of my groups of friends has suggested we have a get-together, but the idea fizzled both times and we never ended up having it. I was going to beg off this one anyway because of PBS night! If it was in the afternoon, I might have considered it, but it just doesn't interest me in the first place and secondly, I'd rather watch my shows first run than have to sit at the computer and watch them another day. N.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

When I went to the one at my friend's house (15-20 years ago), it seemed the game started earlier. I wonder if it's a factor of where the teams are playing, or that they've decided to make it later .. so it's not too early on the west coast!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Are you a football/Super Bowl fan?

If you are, to you host or attend a Super Bowl party annually? If you're not a football fan, would you attend or organize a party anyway, simply as a social event?

I attended a Super Bowl party years ago, when a large group of my coworkers were from Pittsburgh, and the Steelers were playing. We all watched TV for a little while, but only about 1/2 the crowd were really there for the game, while the rest of us were there for a fun afternoon. Smiley Happy

No and No.   Too late on Sunday night, too much drinking, and never an Ohio team LOL  There are two I could go to and my option is neither.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Super Bowl Parties

Message 6 of 6

Are you a football/Super Bowl fan?

If you are, to you host or attend a Super Bowl party annually? If you're not a football fan, would you attend or organize a party anyway, simply as a social event?

I attended a Super Bowl party years ago, when a large group of my coworkers were from Pittsburgh, and the Steelers were playing. We all watched TV for a little while, but only about 1/2 the crowd were really there for the game, while the rest of us were there for a fun afternoon. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Claim your 1,000 Welcome bonus points!

Get Started with AARP Rewards.