Tell Congress to Protect Older Americans on Medicare and Not the Profits of the Big Drug Companies. Take Action Now!

Gold Conversationalist

Re: Singles Biases

Message 1 of 2

@ASTRAEA, Hi! Interesting topic.  Yes.  I've dated men who specifically preferred to date me because I do not have children.  However, coming from a large family and having been a surrogate parent to my 5 siblings, there was a lot in common but...there seemed to be confusion about my parental credentials.  

Fey Lady
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Singles Biases

Message 2 of 2

Based on your experience, do you think that previously married singles, and especially those with children, may date singles who've never been married & have no children .. but tend to only get serious with singles who've had a "family experience" similar to theirs?

I've dated several men for a while, who were divorced & had children, but in the end they wound up getting serious with & marrying women who had also been divorced & had children.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.