You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Pet Peeves

Message 61 of 97

The words "You're welcome" have been replaced with "No problem." That's one of my pet peeves.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 97

People who are perpetually late; glued to their phones; use text messages and e-mail predominately rather that phone calls; unkind people; complainers; those without any manners; pessimists; those who try to convert you to their religion or political affiliation

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 97

U R so right, I say "Your welcome" also..there is no etiquette these days.  Do not parents teach them manners?  I am 63, and I am appalled at the rudeness, unapprecition, that people have, especially young people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 97

My pet peeve is those that have/show basic manners... Holding the door open for ladies; Please and Thank you; Saying hello to a stranger...

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 97

My biggest pet peeve is ignorance of people, when you hold the door for someone or assist them in some manner, they just continue on without a simple thank you.  I usally say " your welcome " to these people to see if I get a reaction.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 97
Absolutey
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 97

Hi Oklagramma,

Your handle brought to mind a story..  Having been raised in the South, I would entertain my bride (a California native) with colloquialisms which she had only heard on tv.  Sooo, when we were taking her first trip eastward - she was exposed to the real thing (speech-wise) in Oklahoma.  We had chatted with the gas station owner as we gassed up - and I know my bride was very pleased with the genuine friendliness - but, the best part came as we were getting back in our car and the lady gave us "Yall come bac now, ya heah?"

Even now - many decades later - the thought or mention of that occurrence brings smilesSmiley Happy to our faces.  

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 97

@caroleenh...Hey! welcome back. When I saw your ID in my email I did a double take! N Cat Happy

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 97

It absolutely irritates me when I hear people insert an "x" in a word instead of just the correct "s". For example, I've heard people (and supposedly educated people) say 'exspresso', 'exsteem', 'exscape', 'exspecially'.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 97

My pet peeves are lair, injustice, and gossip:

Kudos
Views