Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Our Helpful Married Friends

Message 1 of 1

Have you ever had a married friend tell you that something is "so easy" (i.e. moving) .. when you know that their spouse did at least 1/2 of all the tasks that needed to be done? How did it make you feel .. and what did you say to them?

I'm planning to move south in the next couple of years. A married male friend asked me "what's taking so long?", so I asked how his major relocation went 5 years ago. First, of all, rather than wait until he'd retired so he could help, his spouse & an adult child did 98% of the research & house hunting, then handled the decluttering, getting rid of things, packing, unpacking, etc. while he was still working. No wonder it was "so easy" for HIM to move! I resented his not even attempting to see how different our situations are, before making his comments .. and told him so. I asked why they didn't wait for him to retire, so he could help with everything .. but he didn't answer my question.

[If you're married, please don't jump in here to "Singles Perspective" and try to justify why YOU may make comments like that, or defend others who do]

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season