Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF SINGLES PERSPECTIVE

Message 1 of 8

@ToniLo - Wow; you've got quite a family there!

If you go to the home screen,you'll see a column on the right titled "Discussions" (under "Announcements"). There are a bunch of discussion categories, and each has the > character to the left of it. If you click on the >, you'll get a drop-down list of all the subcategories in each. If you click on a category, the list of individual Discussion Topics will be listed on the left side.

Each Discussion Topic listed will show the number of screens of posts in it: [1 2 3 4 5 6 >>] which gives you an idea of how much activity there is on the subject. On the 2nd line of the listing, it gives you the date of the latest post, so you know if it's a current discussion.

It pays to go thru all the categories & subcategories of interest, to check on the current discussions .. and get a flavor for them. The political discussions can get very heated, and that's not for everyone; other topics are "kinder".

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for responding to my question.  I have been an aarp member for a number

of yrs. I did correspond in a couple of groups a few yrs. ago.  I'm a widow, my husband and i were married for 50 yrs. He passed  away in 2010. I'm a retired Nurse, and spend a lot of my time with

my grand children and many great grand children.  I have a love of the out doors, gardening. This yr. not planning on much gardening, just flowers and yard work. Lost interest in planting vegatables last yr.

Tired of competing with the little animals enjoying the fruits of my labor. I mentioned lots a grand kids, i have 7 sons, and 3 daughters. youngest 49, and oldest  63. 

Not sure what this site was originated for, but i just like to correspond with people in as many different places as possible, on any and all subjects of interest.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@ToniLo - These discusion groups exist if people get into existing conversations, or create new ones of their own. Some of us probably feel we've brought up all the singles issues we could think of, and are hoping newbies come along, to rejuvenate the discussions.

Tell us a little about yourself ..

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

Does this group still exist?   How does one become a member?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

@nyadrn - I think a few women posted that they'd gotten into relationships, and didn't have as much time to post. Maybe others did as well, but just didn't post about it. I wonder about the others too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I never got rid of a list of members the group had - when it was a restricted group & people had to get approval to join. And then I removed some of them because they hadn't participated in a long time. Would you believe that we had 702 members in the group in September 2012 (when I stopped keeping records), , and 637 had left or been removed! That might have been when AARP reconfigured the website & Online Community, and many people felt it was too complicated for them to make the transition with us!

Wow  that was many more than I actually realized but it is undeniabe that the membership and posting here is at a really low point.   There are so many other social media outlets and so many changes that people did not like, that posting is much more limited now.   

I do keep in touch with some of the orig members but I also wonder about many of the others.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I never got rid of a list of members the group had - when it was a restricted group & people had to get approval to join. And then I removed some of them because they hadn't participated in a long time. Would you believe that we had 702 members in the group in September 2012 (when I stopped keeping records), , and 637 had left or been removed! That might have been when AARP reconfigured the website & Online Community, and many people felt it was too complicated for them to make the transition with us!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF SINGLES PERSPECTIVE

Message 8 of 8

I was reading back in some of the topics and I wonder about some of the long time and original members of this group.  Wonder how they are doing, what they are doing, and where they are. As we  have said before, when people drop out you usually never hear about what they do or where they go.

It would probably be the same for you or me Astraea.  Hmmmm.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark