Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Life Milestones

Message 1 of 33

Milestones seem temporary. We celebrate and go on to the next thing.  I placed more importance on age and milestones when I was younger.  Now, at age 78, I celebrate certain special occasions, but they pass and I go on with my life.   Each day is a milestone.  Each birthday for me or my family are special.  In the not-too distant future both I and my 55 year old son will earn our individual PhD in different subjects and from different colleges.  We'll celebrate, of course, and then go on to whatever comes next.  I think putting too much importance on any one milestone in our lives is a hindrance to moving forward.  Accept, celebrate, and then continue.      

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

I Really believe in exactly that, not to worry about what others think to a point then thier is they only worry because they want the best forget the rest.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33

I Really believe in exactly that and caught hard to begin a new life and way of who cares what others think. I know what my heart says.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

we change for the next LADIES and gentlemen

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

Youll have many more milestones starting today. continuing for years to come. Together we will reach thousands of children change organizations cought in old ways for the better and with your approval broadcast the Today show. WE not you not me together can make the changes and build a better future for the LADIES and men who come after us I put it in again because I have to not because I want to. Its how I see you thank you dont get held up"+?2

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Life Milestones

Message 6 of 33

My only life milestone was when I was involved with Gloria O'Toole during the "PPL" sessions. That was the moment of observance!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@s514870b - I have always felt that some families don't set standards for what they expect of their children, as far as "family obligations". My cousins (early Boomers) were raised as coddled "American princesses", so it shouldn't surprise me that when our parents' generation needed assistance, they did nothing beyond lip-service, about how much they loved them. In my household - which was 3 generations - there were high expectations, and I was expected to take care of any older relative who needed help .. as they helped take care of me as a child. So I've been a caregiver for multiple periods of time, since I was in my teens.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

Milestones don't seem to mean much in my family. I see my neighbors across the street making over the birthday Mom or Dad but my kids have never done that for me. Lucky if I get a card. It's mostly the grans that hurt. I've done for their b-days and holidays all these years but when it comes to mine...not so much. Once the checks stopped so did the communication! Funny how that works.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33
I am single too and never had children! Life is too short to worry about what people may think. Enjoy your life! I have worked for it, so why not!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33

Yes Treasured Social Butterfly!  One should always keep learning and keep your brain working!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season