Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Hip, slick, but full of wit...

Message 1 of 8

@ToniLo - I don't know if your comment is directed towards someone specific, or just in general. If you want to get someone specific's attention, read my post just before yours, which explains how to use the @ sign & their screen name, so that they're notified of your post to them.

If you just want to chat, you'll probably have to create a new discussion, that will attract people to comment on it & share their own ideas.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8
It's been almost a yr. since you posted , are you still around? Would love to talk1
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@Meijan - This is a discussion board, not really a dating website. So the responses you get will be conversational & feedback about how your description is perceived, than what you could expect on a dating website.

Although you may click "reply" on a specific post, unfortunately the system doesn't identify to whom you're responding, and if there are multiple people participating that can be confusing. If you type the ampersand: @ , it automatically gives you a drop-down list of everyone participating in that discussion. If you click on the person to whom you're replying, that will make more sense, and if that person is set up for notifications, they'll know that you replied to them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8
I love when people attempt to constrain others with vacuous social conventions to feel more comfortable. I say what I mean, and mean what I say. With the onset of middle-age, I have little conceit remaining. Consequently, I have distilled my needs down to the lowest common denominator, which enables me to live a much less complex, and much more fulfilling life. Whatever time I have remaining on this rock we call earth is going to be lived in that manner. If people take exception to my approach toward that objective, it seems like that's their issue, not mine. And I am loath to take ownership of someone else's neuroticism...
Life is for living; you can rest (in peace) when you're dead...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8
I don't understand why someone would take the time and make the effort to respond to a post with which they've obstensibly feigned no interest... guile is boring ... and ultimately worthy of a ... "yawn"
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

>yawn<

So tired of this kind of sel-promotion from men.  Emotional depth is sexy. 

~SL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@Meijan - Welcome to "Singles Perspective Revisited"! Just FYI, this isn't a dating website .. but you can get to know the other singles here by starting a conversation about singles issues, and commenting on discussions already posted.

From my own personal perspective, your post feels like a carefully crafted description of how you want to be perceived .. very hip. But your participation on general discussions would probably give us a more natural & genuine look into your personality.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Hip, slick, but full of wit...

Message 8 of 8

I'm not seeking anything too deep, or serious; just casual friendship. I do not have any crazy fetishes (you need to hang upside down, pirouette as you slowly lower yourself… Well, you get the idea), dogs, cats, criminal, civil, or financial encumbrances. I am a down-to-earth middle-aged cat with no hang-ups and even less conceit that is looking for a lady who knows how to act and get treated like one. I drive, have my own spot, some disposable income, and do not do anything to excess: no hard drugs – prescription or other. I do drink, however. But I have never been known to do so to excess. I test regularly for STDs: Last test quite some time ago. So, I am a little overdue but I have not been active because I was in a monogamous relationship up and until that time. And I was clean of all the usual suspects. I love any and all types of entertainment: concerts, comedy shows, plays, museums, exhibitions, festivals; excellent food, good music, movies with plenty of action and adventure, sensual sex, and top shelf liquor et cetera… Gimme me some play, you will not be disappointed at all.

Kudos
Views
Replies