AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 1 of 15

This one may be a season too late for the "snow days" part .. but the long walks are perfect for this time of year. Thank you to Penguin!

Advice from a Penguin.jpg

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Easter Sunday - Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 2 of 15

@ASTRAEA wrote:

@Prosecco6247 - I definitely watched "Captain Kangaroo", and remember Mr. Greenjeans .. but not "Mr. Moose"! My first "Moose memory" is from "Rocky and Bullwinkle" .. Bullwinkle J. Moose .. "dimwitted but good-natured" (per Wikipedia). Always being a fan of classical music, the bad guy's name of Boris Badenov (a take on the 16th century Tsar Boris Godunov), also caught my attention!

Another blast from the past   Rocky and Bullwinkle   loved them as well : )   Boy these were such non technical characters.. : )  so much different from the cartoons of today.  It was definitely a more simple time.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@Prosecco6247 wrote:

@ASTRAEA  & @nyadrn  Simple yet yaluable advice from a humble moose!

Loved your comments @nyadrn

Thinking about moose, my thoughts wandered to our generation and what was probably our fist exposure to a moose..."Mr. Moose" the funny character on "Captain Kangaroo!"  He had a lot of good observations and advice and I loved how he and "Mr. Greenjeans" played tricks on the Captain!  Yes, he held his head up high, enjoyed being a little wild and I'm pretty sure he ate all the "greens" provided by Mr. Greenjeans...just as "Bunny Rabbit" ate his bunches of carrots!  He always thought big in terms of the numbers of ping pong balls necessary for practical jokes...but he stayed on track by making the jokes fun and never demeaned anyone!  That leaves keeping his nose clean and spending time in the woods...and I don't have any doubt he lay down after his nightly prayers in a bed of pine boughs in the woods and I never, ever saw him less than perfectly groomed...happy, shining face and nose in perfect order

Moose are ungainly creatures, but perfectly magical if one is lucky enough to see a moose in the wild!

Speaking of spotting a moose...check this out!  I want to know where he was in November 2016!

https://youtu.be/5sKgsozegdI

Oh my gosh  I forgot all about Mr Moose.  I remember this show well!  Thanks for the reminder.  Hahahaha

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@Prosecco6247 - I definitely watched "Captain Kangaroo", and remember Mr. Greenjeans .. but not "Mr. Moose"! My first "Moose memory" is from "Rocky and Bullwinkle" .. Bullwinkle J. Moose .. "dimwitted but good-natured" (per Wikipedia). Always being a fan of classical music, the bad guy's name of Boris Badenov (a take on the 16th century Tsar Boris Godunov), also caught my attention!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@ASTRAEA  & @nyadrn  Simple yet yaluable advice from a humble moose!

Loved your comments @nyadrn

Thinking about moose, my thoughts wandered to our generation and what was probably our fist exposure to a moose..."Mr. Moose" the funny character on "Captain Kangaroo!"  He had a lot of good observations and advice and I loved how he and "Mr. Greenjeans" played tricks on the Captain!  Yes, he held his head up high, enjoyed being a little wild and I'm pretty sure he ate all the "greens" provided by Mr. Greenjeans...just as "Bunny Rabbit" ate his bunches of carrots!  He always thought big in terms of the numbers of ping pong balls necessary for practical jokes...but he stayed on track by making the jokes fun and never demeaned anyone!  That leaves keeping his nose clean and spending time in the woods...and I don't have any doubt he lay down after his nightly prayers in a bed of pine boughs in the woods and I never, ever saw him less than perfectly groomed...happy, shining face and nose in perfect order

Moose are ungainly creatures, but perfectly magical if one is lucky enough to see a moose in the wild!

Speaking of spotting a moose...check this out!  I want to know where he was in November 2016!

https://youtu.be/5sKgsozegdI

Image result for happy sun emoji

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@ASTRAEA wrote:

Today we have "Advice from a Moose":

Advice from a Moose - 2.jpg

Moose are kind of awkward looking but beautiful in their own way.  I saw a moose and her calf while we were in Alaska, right by the side of the road.   I would not want to do anything that would make her think I had any ideas about hurting her calf.  She was amazingly gentle with it being so big a bulky  it is hard to believe.  Anyway,  good words from the Moose!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Easter Sunday - Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 7 of 15

Today we have "Advice from a Moose":

Advice from a Moose - 2.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Saturday - Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 8 of 15

I love these @ASTRAEA  and @Prosecco6247.  Thank you.

Most of my sayings  and words to live by came from my parents and the music of my favorite bands:

Lets start with my tag line  "Life is a Journey, not a destination" so try and enjoy the trip : )

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Saturday - Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 9 of 15

Today's advice is from a Sea Turtle, because I thought it was perfect for us!

Advice from a Sea Turtle - 3.jpg

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Good Thoughts from Nature

Message 10 of 15

@ASTRAEA wrote:

I love those .. they're from the same company that made the cards I have! How did you copy & include them here?

I was going to post 1 a day; I still have Moose, Sea Turtle & Penguin! Smiley Happy

Oh there are more than that!  I have those saved to my Pinterest account.  Please go ahead and post yours...they are so sweet!

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22