Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 9 surprising health benefits of being single

Message 1 of 7

Now I remember why I didn't post to this discussion .. the link goes to a website that doesn't let me see anything, without turning off my ad-blocker! Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@doglover52 wrote:

Hi Diane,thanks for posting this

I  have a group of  friends who I consider my 'extended family' since my siblings don't live here. One couple in particular, Marcia&Dave are my closest friends,she is my 'emergency contact'.They 'adopted' me 6 yrs ago,I do lots of things with them. Their youngest son,Alexei{age 27} is my 'movie buddy'.

I like having my own schedule,do things when I want to do them.

I've only had 1 credit card,don't see the reason to have any more Sue

Hi Sue

Awwww that is so nice.  Man Very Happy

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

Hi Diane,thanks for posting this

I  have a group of  friends who I consider my 'extended family' since my siblings don't live here. One couple in particular, Marcia&Dave are my closest friends,she is my 'emergency contact'.They 'adopted' me 6 yrs ago,I do lots of things with them. Their youngest son,Alexei{age 27} is my 'movie buddy'.

I like having my own schedule,do things when I want to do them.

I've only had 1 credit card,don't see the reason to have any more Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@LaDolceVita wrote:

@nyadrn  An older  study of centenarians had many women who never married  as participants!  Not surprisingly most of the participants were women.  The take away was that the old ladies took good care of themselves most of their lives. The few men who survived to 100 did not worry much about such stuff as eating right & exercising.  Marriage did not affect their longevity either.

Hi  nice to hear from you!

I guess women figure there will be no one to take care of them if they don't take care of themselves!  Thank you for sharing!

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@nyadrn  An older  study of centenarians had many women who never married  as participants!  Not surprisingly most of the participants were women.  The take away was that the old ladies took good care of themselves most of their lives. The few men who survived to 100 did not worry much about such stuff as eating right & exercising.  Marriage did not affect their longevity either.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

So what do you think?  Are these true for you?

I definitely agree with the Being able to solve your own problems aspect.. at least for most things : )

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

9 surprising health benefits of being single

Message 7 of 7

Although numerous studies tout the health benefits of being in a relationships, not many people talk about all the ways being single can have a positive impact your health. 

We've rounded up all the best ways that maintaining your relationship independence can make you healthier. After this, you maybe just want to delete your dating profiles for good.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark