Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: spam

Message 1 of 2

My advice is never click any link from any suspicious e-mail, including "Report Spam" or "Unsubscribe."

The key word is NEVER!

Instead, without clicking any link, forward the e-mail to phishing-report@us-cert dot gov (instead of the spelled out dot gov, use .gov at the end, of course).

If the e-mail supposedly comes from a major company, such as UPS or Walmart or whomever, you can open a separate browser session and go to their Web site and check their security options for an address where you can send suspicious e-mails to the company from which the e-mail supposedly came. After you have the company's own abuse, spoof, or phishing e-mail address, include that address with the government phishing address I mentioned above.

After you forward the e-mail, or instead of sending the e-mail if you prefer not to send it, then delete the e-mail. You won't need it anymore.

If you click any link in the e-mail, you might become infected with any manner of virus, worm, Trojan, or other malware.

Good luck.

Enjoy!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

spam

Message 2 of 2

On google mail my options to report spam that appear in Trash have changed.  Instead of 'report spam' now the message says 'report spam and unsubscribe'.  I'm leary of having it include 'unsubscribe' because that used to be something one shouldn't do.  If I just delete it, spam doesn't reported. 

So is it safe to unsubscribe under this new option?  

Cheryl

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.