AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: reverse phone scam

Message 1 of 2

@Jeff602 wrote:

The number they tell me to call back is 478-313-0033 .You don;t want to call or anser this call they reverse charges if you call back They say are prossessing charges onyou urgent need to call back.

What a scam for the holidays I just wish the FBI WOULD SEND OUR LOCAL POLICE TO GIVE THEM A HOME FOR ALONG TIME.

If you don't know the caller or the number, JUST DON'T CALL THEM BACK.

Many times there is nothing that your local, state or federal law enforcement agencies can do since many of these scam calls originate out of the country.

Actually the number showing up on your caller ID may not even be the number they are calling from - technology is getting the best of us so just talk to those to whom you know, don't answer or hang up without saying a word to the others.

If it is a matter of legal urgency, they can notify you by overnight registered or certified mail for which you must sign to validate receipt.

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

reverse phone scam

Message 2 of 2

The number they tell me to call back is 478-313-0033 .You don;t want to call or anser this call they reverse charges if you call back They say are prossessing charges onyou urgent need to call back.

What a scam for the holidays I just wish the FBI WOULD SEND OUR LOCAL POLICE TO GIVE THEM A HOME FOR ALONG TIME.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!
Top Authors