Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: "Consumer" Cellular

Message 21 of 25

We've had Consumer Cellular service for over a year and have no complaints. In fact, if your usage is about to go over the limit of the plan you are currently on, they will email you an alert so you can upgrade your plan prior to the billing date. This allows you to avoid the high per-minute charge you face if/when you exceed your current limit.

The lowest usage plan runs about $17 per month. Bills come by email. Can't beat it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

@eberlym: We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your cellular service. If you would like our assistance, please call us at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) or email, member@aarp.org.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

Consumer Reports rated their customer service very highly. Apparently this is all very subjective.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25
My cell phone has been down three times in three months. Its down right now all day
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

"Consumer" Cellular

Message 25 of 25
It sure looks like the AARP doesn't check out how good the companies behind its many "special offers" are.  I just got their mailing about this cell company I never heard of, and found this much negative info in about a minute:
http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/consumer-cellular/4505-6454_7-33911707.html
-
Users' opinions are highly polarized, but the very negative ones (rating of 1 or 2) are about equal to those giving it a 4 or 5.  Not exaclty what you want to hear about a cell company.  So how much did they bribe the AARP to get 'em to front this offer? 
-
Personally, I've had no trouble in 1 1/2 years with the $30/mo prepaid Straight Talk service, using Verizon's network and one of the few recommended as a good cheap buy by Consumer Reports. 
-
Doug Finley

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users