Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: hacked

Message 1 of 2

@tiny450 - I've had fraudulent charges show up on credit cards several times .. which the credit card companies notified me about, to confirm that it wasn't me. One time a bunch of charges showed up, all made halfway across the country from me, so I know they sell the card numbers, rather than using them locally .. and may hold up on that, so it's not that obvious as to where it might have happened.

The police have told me that the volume of these frauds is so high, that the losses are just written off, because they can't bother investigating. But that means you're left feeling violated, and don't have any closure! Smiley Sad

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

hacked

Message 2 of 2

The credit union called and said someone overseas was trying to order $5000.00 worth of stuff off yahoo using my bank card.Since it was only used to buy materials to remodel the house the credit union was able to issue a new card and new accounts.How whoever got my info is behind me the building supply store denied any involvment.Someone sold the info.Since it was overseas the credit union could only track so much.I am glad for the chips now as they apparently are safer.I may never know who did that.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!
Top Authors