Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Scams on Dating sites

Message 1 of 2

gerriekay01 wrote:

I was on a popular dating site and when I fell in love with a very wonderful man I was scamed out of 16,000.00.  I did not recognize all the signs because I was too blinded by the wonderful things I was being told.  When I went for help all the police could say was that it is a scam going on in the Middle East and that many women my age are being victumized.  Now there is an investigation and I probably will never go on a dating web site again.  This is a hard lesson for me because I was in love with someone who probably just had the scam done to them also by the people who love to steal Military personal indentification to extort money from the Elderly. What would you have done?

Hi @gerriekay01 and welcome to the online community!

Ugh, I'm sorry you fell for a scammer. I'm doubly sorry you lost money to him.

I can't say what I'd do here because there simply isn't enough information from which to form an opinion. Tell us more.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Scams on Dating sites

Message 2 of 2

I was on a popular dating site and when I fell in love with a very wonderful man I was scamed out of 16,000.00.  I did not recognize all the signs because I was too blinded by the wonderful things I was being told.  When I went for help all the police could say was that it is a scam going on in the Middle East and that many women my age are being victumized.  Now there is an investigation and I probably will never go on a dating web site again.  This is a hard lesson for me because I was in love with someone who probably just had the scam done to them also by the people who love to steal Military personal indentification to extort money from the Elderly. What would you have done?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!
Top Authors