Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SCAM USING GREAT CALL

Message 1 of 3

"....The one I like best is when the message says it is the IRS and I will be arrested in about 20 minutes....".

That's one of my faves too. We never call back. As mentioned on another posting, we never answer the phone directly unless it's a number we know. We wait for someone to leave a message.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: SCAM USING GREAT CALL

Message 2 of 3

@Soosie,

Be careful when you call numbers back.

Some of these scams have off shore numbers that, if dialed, run up a per minute charge from $1.99 to exponentially higher.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

SCAM USING GREAT CALL

Message 3 of 3

I received a call today from 866-421-0843.  I didn't answer, but just out of curiosity, called back.  The lady answered it was Great Call.  She asked me my account number.  I did not give.  She asked me my password and I did not give.  I asked her why she had called me.  She said I should give her the information because I called  her.  I told her to take her sorry scam call and go jump.  This is not a Great Call number and is a scam.  Just passing on to let readers know that keep trying to come up with new ones.

The one I like best is when the message says it is the IRS and I will be arrested in about 20 minutes.  I call this one back for the fun.   The guy with the accent tells me I must pay a fine or be arrested.  I ask him what happens if I do not.  He tells me they are on the way to arrest me.  I ask if they will have on uniforms.  He said yes.  I ask him if they can hurry that I am feeling frisky and love a man in uniform.  He hangs up.  Come to think of it he has not called me lately.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!