Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Phone Scams

Message 1 of 16

There seems to be a compunction, on some folks' part, to answer that phone. I suppose many folks are lonely, and answering the phone gives them some "company" ... and that they're completely unaware that it's NOT company that they really want. Smiley Wink

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@rickeyc952510 wrote:

Scammers now have technology to show any number they want in caller ID.  Can really make you think it is your bank or your credit card company calling.  Be careful out there. 

OR numbers showing up as your local police or your neighbor, your church or yourself.  It is called "spoofing".

AARP recenly updated this article and everybody should read (and heed) it.
AARP Fraud Resource Center: ROBOCALLS 12/10/2019 update. 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

Scammers now have technology to show any number they want in caller ID.  Can really make you think it is your bank or your credit card company calling.  Be careful out there. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

I saw two payments from my checking account for the Apple store that were not mind so I googled apple.com and called the customer supposed number they had my information however they wanted to verify me before giving me my refund so they asked me to download the app quick support team viewer for the App Store which gave them control of my phone then deposit $792 into my checking account and then send $792 back to them supposedly less my refund. Now my checking account is over drawn and -$692 pending until my S.S. Check goes in my account. I filed a fraud complaint with the bank and Apple Cash. Now my life is upside down.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Says Soc Sec. 201-297-5554 as of. Oct 8 2018

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

I got the same kind of robo call. It went into my voicemail so I have the recording. I called them back and told them I knew Social Security does not makes these kinds of calls and that I was going to report the number to the police. They hung up on me.

The phone number is 

855-412-0222

Another number was also 

855-582-2663

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

I just had a phone call requesting that I have to call back to avoid legal proceedings against me. It sounded like a robot voice. Phone number was from 1-833- 778-7338. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

People have caller id but sometimes you just answer the phone without looking. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

I  get all kind of calls.  Yesterday, the Indian accent gentlemen said I was due a $150.00 refund.  I really could not understand his English.  He told me to get on the computer and he tell me how I could get my refund back for the overcharge.(Funny think I was on the computer and turned it off)  At the same time I told him to mail me my check and I hung up.

I just hang up.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16
I get Robocalls, Individuals with on first name based on information about medical malpractice monies and the name of the body part where there are malpractice.charities. Sometimes, the calling has an Indian accent.There are other calls, about Home security and fix your credit; sometimes female voice representing their names. I have dial *69 to trace the number and them down. After a while it gets tiresome. Now I just hang-up.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users