AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Metropcs scams the elderly

Message 1 of 4

@brianb124642 I'm glad you two held your ground. Good for you!

If there is one thing I strongly dislike about our society it is that we have to be on guard at all times. I find it taxing, really, not to be able to trust people. But there you have it.

We recently went to an oil change business that was offering 4 oil changes within 2 years for the price of one. Wowee, right?

But the young mechanic tried to sell us a transmission fluid recharge on our 20 month old, low mileage vehicle. That kind of service might be appropriate if we operated a taxi service or were given to hauling big rocks around, but for a pair of old farts traveling to and from local trailheads, well, to put it nicely, he was something like 12 months too early with his 'offer'. What a scammer.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 4

The entire point of this was make known metropcs Lies,cheats, scams the elderly and to watch out for anyone in your family that might need to watch for these low lifes.. Thier words, "your phone overheated and will not work anymore" "you will need to buy a new one" not sure why anyone would not see the problem with a retail store lying to a elderly woman when common decency for a company we have been with for 7 years and bought easily 10 phones from them in the 7 years that this Lying and taking advantage of a senior citizen is NOT OK when it was a simple dead battery and constant legal pressure will be applied/ have 4 picketing this week. My Mother went to the store on her own str8 from work so I wasn't able to do my "Due diligence" haha Common decency you treat a elderly person the way you want your elderly family treated, simply check if the battery is dead.. come on now, that's the very least one can do to a elderly 7 yr, customer. so they lied about it being broken and then pushed the upgrade knowing when she charged the phone she would be screwed, NO ONE can look at a phone and say, "it overheated and wont work anymore, you need a new phone" you can slice it anyway you want but taking advantage of senior citizens in the state of Florida is the last place this metropcs dirty underhanded company should operate, I have the time and tenacity to contact all 13 agency's daily and the picketing is going to be VERY therapeutic. Wishing you and yours the very Best

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

"...This Ariana location that is taking advantage/ lying to elderly/ senior citizen is wrong, unethical and scamming our elderly less tech savvy citizens. that basically sums up our 5 hours of torture with Metro PCS, I wont let elderly be scammed lied to and ripped off. I will picket and write/ call the proper entity's daily until this is Corrected...".

These guys may be guilty of hard-core selling, but you let it happen. It sounds like you were there, not just your mother alone. Why wouldn't you check the battery first? Then you collectively let them sell you an upgrade. Did you look at a contract? I looked at MetroPCS website where it clearly states that upgrades are not refundable. 

It just doesn't appear to me that you are doing much in the way of 'due diligence'. Your mother may be elderly, but so am I. That doesn't mean she doesn't have the ability to question everything before signing anything.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Metropcs scams the elderly

Message 4 of 4

My Mother a elderly senior citizen went to our metropcs store we have been going to and buying phones for 7 years at 1259 Ariana St. Lakeland Fl. Luis and the active Manager Kal are unethical and lying scam artist. My mother took her phone to this store and asked why isn't my phone working? they said it "Overheated and ruined" and she had to buy a new phone, The phone ONLY had a dead battery and needed charged and works PERFECTLY we learned 5 min after she bought the new phone which Luis and Kal pushed HARD for her to buy the upgrade package.. Of course they say now upgrade purchases are non refundable and they would not take the 20 min old phone back IF it was a upgrade phone?? went back home and called corporate metro pcs and rep "rose" told us to go BACK to that store and ask 2 things, ask for the manager and a refund and take the phone back, again Kal refused and rose then talked to the manager which he got tired of talking to her and gave my phone back to me and demanded we leave the store, I then said its WRONG for you to lie and scam senior citizens to make a 180 dollar sell, he then acted like he was calling the police.. remember corporate "rose" TOLD us to go back there, it was a lie he never called the cops, I stayed on the phone with rose/ metropcs hoping the cops would show, we did NOTHING wrong. Rose then gave us lakelands cooperate office at 3137 US hwy 98 Lakeland, fl and she said they will take the phone back and return our money, went there and acting manager Maribel said since we didn't buy it there she cant help, we filed a compliant at that "corporate Lakeland office"?? says they are out of texas in the web site. This Ariana location that is taking advantage/ lying to elderly/ senior citizen is wrong, unethical and scamming our elderly less tech savvy citizens. that basically sums up our 5 hours of torture with Metro PCS, I wont let elderly be scammed lied to and ripped off. I will picket and write/ call the proper entity's daily until this is Corrected