Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Medicare Billing

Tell me WHY I was billed, get this, $59,000 to have to go to the emergency room...for a BAT BITE.  Yes, a bat bite. I could not go to the county or emergency care, as I was told only the hospital had the shots.  I know they overbill Medicare, but this was insane.  I also have part C gap through Aetna, and they stopped selling it that way in 2020.  Sooooo, Medicare actually stepped up and paid **bleep** near $7,000, Aetna paid $1,700.  For literally an hour and a half and two shots, one in either arm.  What if it was a REAL emergency, like a car accident????  The game has got to stop.  I have never seen them pay that since 2017, and for a service that shoud have costed, oh...$1,200 to $3,000 maybey?  Ya wonder hat's wrong with the system?  This isn't going to work much longer....

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Just be glad you didn't get bit by that new powerful deadly California Rattler like a YouTuber did, his anti-venom cost was $160,000.00.

"Don't worry about the oil running out, worry about the food running out"
Professor Al Bartlett PhD (emeritus 1923-2013)
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Bring your own medicine next time - where do you think the medicine comes from to treat rabies?  It is expensive to get and make.  Plus they just have to keep in stock and rotating their stock just in case somebody walks in and needs it.

Or maybe you can just not get it and take your chances - did you have the bat for testing?  

Definitely don’t get bite by a deadly poisonous snake or spider - 

Real Emergency??????  Ever see what rabies can do to a person?

How much is your life worth???

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

Achieve a top score in our Tournament Tuesday Word Games in May and you could win $100 every 30 days!

Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP