AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Last chance before you are arrested

Message 1 of 10 (123 Views)

k72347s wrote:

"....I got the calls from the same IRS scam once a week....... I have reported it once a week as well. You it would stop by now. It has been going on for 4 months now.....".

Yeah. They've been telling me I'm going to jail for years now, off and on.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 10 (140 Views)

k72347s wrote:

I got the calls from the same IRS scam once a week. I don't remember the number anymore. I have reported it once a week as well. You it would stop by now. It has been going on for 4 months now.

@k72347s  Good grief! Once a week you report them and nothing? Ugh. I think I'd do two things: report the calls to another fraud prevention agency and also take one of the bogus IRS calls so I could tell them that I have been reporting their scam. I like the direct approach on things like this, though.

4 months. Yikes.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 10 (150 Views)

I got the calls from the same IRS scam once a week. I don't remember the number anymore. I have reported it once a week as well. You it would stop by now. It has been going on for 4 months now.

Message 4 of 10 (216 Views)

philhorldt wrote:
Thanks for the responses. Believe it or not, got the same call again today from a Yonkers NY area code. Did not respond, of course. I must be on someone's "sucker" list.

LOL!  I guess another possibility is that you are just a bad seed, @philhorldt and it is finaly catching up with you. Hee hee. 

Hang in there. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 10 (219 Views)
Thanks for the responses. Believe it or not, got the same call again today from a Yonkers NY area code. Did not respond, of course. I must be on someone's "sucker" list.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 10 (254 Views)

Just did a quick search and seems you are not the only one.... Google "Area code 202 phone scam" and you will get a ton of results. All calls have the same narrative about being arrested for not showing up for court. 100% SCAM!  https://www.whocalledme.com/AreaCodes/202

William T Robinson

Message 7 of 10 (294 Views)

GGnCG wrote:

Received the same voice mail today 9/28/17 10:29a.m. I didn't call them back either. The voice is a digital pre-recorded message. I suppose if the IRS wants someone they won't come calling?

Sure wish this type of scam could be stopped. It's horrible folks get taken like this!

Right. The IRS wants a paper trail, so they put it all in writing.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 10 (303 Views)

Received the same voice mail today 9/28/17 10:29a.m. I didn't call them back either. The voice is a digital pre-recorded message. I suppose if the IRS wants someone they won't come calling?

Sure wish this type of scam could be stopped. It's horrible folks get taken like this!

Message 9 of 10 (511 Views)

philhorldt wrote:

Got this voice mail today. Did not return the call. Assume it is a scam

Ignoring this will be an intentional attempt to avoid initial appearance before the magistrate judge or a grand jury for a federal criminal offense so before this matter goes to Federal claims court house or before you got arrested kindly call us back on our number as soon as possible the number to reach us is 202-852-9542 let me repeat the number 202-852-9542 hope to hear from you soon before the charges are pressed against you thank you…”

Unquote

What a crock! Good on you for not returning the call. I say report the phone number to your local fraud squad. Smiley Happy

PS Hey: welcome to the online community!

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Last chance before you are arrested

Message 10 of 10 (515 Views)

Got this voice mail today. Did not return the call. Assume it is a scam

Ignoring this will be an intentional attempt to avoid initial appearance before the magistrate judge or a grand jury for a federal criminal offense so before this matter goes to Federal claims court house or before you got arrested kindly call us back on our number as soon as possible the number to reach us is 202-852-9542 let me repeat the number 202-852-9542 hope to hear from you soon before the charges are pressed against you thank you…”

Unquote