Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Info Seeker

Re: Is this fraud? Hernandez settlement administra

Message 1 of 8 (486 Views)

I went on site and it didnt look right therefore I did not apply. I threw the card away.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 8 (885 Views)
I received also The postcards..
Am I to understand we are not to reply unless opt.out.

I won't give SSN..or DOB.
I'm recently diagnosed with Myeloma
And on Radiation and Chemotherapy
And need advice on how to respond..correctly to post card.

Emotional Roller Coaster

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 3 of 8 (4,077 Views)

After reading this advice to contact a state attorney general, I contacted the State of WI Consumer Protection Division. 

I was advised that this site appeared to them to be legitimate, and it perhaps required info such as social security number and DOB to verify that you qualify to be in the class for the settlement. 

They advised caution and were not able to say this is absolutely, positively, legit -- but because the settlement and lawsuit are REAL, if you wish to be included in the class, you must either contact the settlement administrator or use the form online before the deadline.  

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 8 (4,117 Views)

I also received this postcard, and it's a old scam that they are running again.  Here's the link on Ripoff Report:

Ripoff Report | Experian Information Solutions LLC Complaint Review ...

Jul 10, 2011 - You also may email BankruptcyDischargeSettlement@gardencitygroup.com, call 1 (866) 237-3432, or write to White, et al. v. Experian ...

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 8 (5,066 Views)

I got the postcard in the mail today. Do not give them your date of birth and social security number whatever you do. They do not need this.I received postcards for class action lawsuits before and have never had to give out my SSN or DOB.

All the other postcards said I didnt have to do anything unless I wanted to opt out. This look very fishy to me.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 8 (5,148 Views)

I just received the same thing in the mail today. Although I have not responded to it yet, I find it strange that they need any additional info from me, as usually in these cases where one receives a notice of a class action settlement, it is usually stated that no further action is required UNLESS you want to opt out. The front of the card I got says "A federal court authorized this notice". Of course it could be totally bogus. I have not gone to the actual website yet, but if I do and they seem to request an inordinate amount of personal info, I will consider it bogus and report it thusly.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 8 (5,655 Views)

Contact the office of the Attorney General of your state and ask them.

Info Seeker

Is this fraud? Hernandez settlement administra

Message 8 of 8 (5,745 Views)

Hernandez settlement administrator I received a post card stating to fill out claim form online at www.bankruptcydischargesettlement.com the link then looks fishy. it said chrome secured but the end of the web address had "https://secure.jndla.com/forms/whe "