Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ˜ฑ In YOUR opinion, how do we AVOID ATM glue and tap scams?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ˜ฑ In YOUR opinion, how do we AVOID ATM glue and tap scams?

3 comments โžก๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again. โฌ…๏ธ

Read comments and/or comment.

๐Ÿ—ฃBy Michael Finney and Renee Koury. Wednesday, April 5, 2023 7:36PM PT.

๐Ÿ“‹Article Title: EXCLUSIVE: CHASE BANK ATM VICTIM GOES UNDERCOVER TO PROVE HE WAS SCAMMED BY GLUE AND 'TAP' THIEF.

๐Ÿ‘‰Link to online information 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

(2 comments) I stopped using ATM a very long time ago but I do use my Debit Card at Walmart (self service console) and INSIDE at gas station (I prepay before pumping).

The sad part, these folks can still clean me out with other ways to tap into my bank account.

Scary times we are living in ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Nicole

Bronze Conversationalist

My ATM card does NOT have a "Tap Chip" (My bank still issues those) I have resisted the tap chips on CC's though they will no longer issue without. Never used a Debt card as never know what charges are going to be.  

I use Cash at gas stations, never put more than $25 in at a time...I'll just drive less.   

Honored Social Butterfly

I have NEVER used an ATM card and I have NEVER used a debit card.  Thatโ€™s just me 

For CC accounts, I have the security features set up to give me a text notice when it is used no matter the amount.

I have two-step verification on any bank, cc company, LOC, which I use online.

I did have one incident where a CC number was stolen - racked my brain but I still didnโ€™t figure it out but I do have some suspicions.  

The CC company texted me and I immediately shut down the charge amount - it was already questioned by the CC company because the culprits put thru a charge for a penny to see if the number was good.  Then they tried the big amount - 

The CC company immediately cancelled the card and reissued me another on with a new number.

Yes, it is bad that we have to be on guard all the time.  

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP