Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How to stop Scam and unsolicited phone calls?

Trusted Contributor

How to stop Scam and unsolicited phone calls?

12- 2-2023

My Community, 

I know that I am not the only person overwhelmed with Unwanted phone calls.

i have contacted my phone Services, Don’t call information, and followed the

Instructions from AARP? ( no results) even Block calls. I noticed that I am getting 

so many Emails and Advertisements on my iPhone?  As a Senior Female getting 

all kinds of Sexual Ads. No one Will stop these because the Ads are PAID for?

I am deleting everyday or Blocking by phone. FTC is supposed to be managing 

these Scams and Ads. I didn’t get these Technologies to be Annoyed all day.

It’s a group and you can hear them in the Background. Block and 15 minutes 

another call from the group. They like to say they are from Medicare, phone 

Service or free Health Supply. Even got the old “Grandma I got hurt need some

money to come home. I asked “did you pray? “ he said yes, “ I said then you will be okay!”  End of that one! 

What are you doing that works  about Scammers calling?

Take Care! Thankful for Caller ID and Phone Block!

Regular Contributor

You can put your number on a no call list with the FCC! I did this years ago and have maybe received one or 2 rouge spam calls since then. Just google "FCC No Call List". I hope this helps!

If you are interested in gold check out my site! https://www.gold-retirement-solutions.com/
Trusted Contributor

I asked "did you pray?" he said yes, "I said then you will be okay!" Thank you @sunday46 I'm going to use this the next time I pick up. Also thankful for Caller ID and Phone Block. If I'm busy doing something I will look at caller ID and block it later. Now I know what my late mother meant by receiving so many calls. It's crazy

Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry to say, @sunday46, but there isn't much you can do to stop these calls. The DO NOT CALL list is a sham. One thing that I do is waste their time. That helps some because, once I answer the phone, many will hang up on me because there must be something on their notes screen that I waste their time.

What do I do?

I determined, based on their exact same accents, the exact same hold music that plays when on hold, the exact same message when on hold, and other factors that are exactly the same, that these calls emanate from the same country, probably the same location, or locations that are linked somehow. I have learned part of their native language.

Once they spew their spiel whether it is about Medicare, Border Patrol, an Amazon Order, your Local Cable Company, your Power Company, Death Benefits, IRS, or any of the other scams out there, I ask them to speak in their native language.

They then say they are not familiar with the language so I use the words I have learned which are not appropriate to print here. They either get extremely upset and go off script, or they hang up.

If they go off script, I tell them they are on a recorded line that will be broadcast on radio concerning scams from their country. They go nuts.

I enjoy jerking them around.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

AARP Limited Time Offer: Memorial Day Sale! Join or renew for just $9 per year when you sign up for a 5-year term and get a FREE gift.

More From AARP