Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Faces of Fraud: AARP Bulletin October 2017

Message 1 of 5

You did a good job of figuring that out.  Just proves, over and over, how bias we are, STILL!  However, saying that, I am in court proceedings right now with the elder abusing and licentious couple who bilked my father out of hundreds of thousands of dollars.  Wish me luck.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

I read the article a month ago. Do you really think race and ethnicity had anything to do with the penalty?

Kwame and Roxanna Insaidoo embezzled a million dollars of public tax payer money meant to help feed healthy meals and care for New York City’s neediest senior citizens. One law enforcement official said these thieves “stole food from the mouths of New York’s seniors”. They led a selfish and lavish lifestyle with the money they embezzled they are the lowest of the low. They haven’t been sentenced yet but could get up to 95 years.

Check out their pictures they weren’t the only other nonwhite individuals identified in the article. The other scam artists were just that lowlife scammers who took money from unsuspecting seniors and never delivered what they promised, Medicare, funerals, asset relief, home repairs, and companionship. They all deserve a harsh sentence. Penalties depend on the state, the crime and any aggravating factors that accompany that crime.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

I found this: https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2017/elder-fraud-scam-stories.html

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Do you have a link to the article online? Is it possible that the circumstances were very different .. their past track record was different .. different states?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Faces of Fraud: AARP Bulletin October 2017

Message 5 of 5

I didn't want to be paranoid; so I made a chart of the $ stolen vs the prison time received for each of the  6 Cases of Fraud on senior citizens: Nope, I'm not paranoid: The black couple stole the 2nd smallest amount (less than $1 Million) but got, by far, the most amount of jail time: 95 yrs and 75 yrs. The guys who stole the 2nd highest amount ($450+ million) got 18 months to 10 years. The folks who stole the most ($600 million), got 4 yrs and 12 years in prison. There will be ugly comments in reply to this statement of facts: so be it. I'm just sayin.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!
Top Authors