Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Trusted Social Butterfly

Extra Check When Logging on to AARP

Logging on to AARP I got this extra check that said my device may be infected with Malware.  The instructions said to check the "I Am Not a Robot" box to continue, but it did not have the pictures (click all the pictures with a Bus, or Traffic Light or whatever) with it.

I disconnected and ran a Full Scan with my security software.  It said 'Nothing Found'.  I logged back on to AARP and got no extra check.  Has anybody else had this experience?  Was this a legitimate security check by AARP?

Security Pop-Up.jpg

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Retired Community Manager

@EricC28201 I've reached out to our tech team to confirm that this security check is valid. Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@EricC28201 I heard back from our tech team. I passed along your entire message. This is a legitimate security check. Irregular behavior was detected which is why you saw this extra security step. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@EricC28201 I've reached out to our tech team to confirm that this security check is valid. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter Briana.  I hope you told them of my concerns about there being no picture identification included with the 'I Am Not A Robot' challenge.  To a security conscious person who has been using corporate intranets and the internet since the 1980's, Incapsula's generic statement about a 'possible malware infection...please click here' looks suspicious.

0 Kudos

@EricC28201 I heard back from our tech team. I passed along your entire message. This is a legitimate security check. Irregular behavior was detected which is why you saw this extra security step. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

Thank you, Briana and tech team, again for taking the time to give this matter your attention.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Greetings,

If you are using a VPN on your system it might be the reason for the extra verification steps.

I see this with some of the sites I visit most often during a log in.

D

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP