Gold Conversationalist

Extra Check When Logging on to AARP

Logging on to AARP I got this extra check that said my device may be infected with Malware.  The instructions said to check the "I Am Not a Robot" box to continue, but it did not have the pictures (click all the pictures with a Bus, or Traffic Light or whatever) with it.

I disconnected and ran a Full Scan with my security software.  It said 'Nothing Found'.  I logged back on to AARP and got no extra check.  Has anybody else had this experience?  Was this a legitimate security check by AARP?

Security Pop-Up.jpg

0 Kudos
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Community Concierge

@EricC227821 I've reached out to our tech team to confirm that this security check is valid. Thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@EricC227821 I heard back from our tech team. I passed along your entire message. This is a legitimate security check. Irregular behavior was detected which is why you saw this extra security step. 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@EricC227821 I've reached out to our tech team to confirm that this security check is valid. Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter Briana.  I hope you told them of my concerns about there being no picture identification included with the 'I Am Not A Robot' challenge.  To a security conscious person who has been using corporate intranets and the internet since the 1980's, Incapsula's generic statement about a 'possible malware infection...please click here' looks suspicious.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@EricC227821 I heard back from our tech team. I passed along your entire message. This is a legitimate security check. Irregular behavior was detected which is why you saw this extra security step. 

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Thank you, Briana and tech team, again for taking the time to give this matter your attention.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Greetings,

If you are using a VPN on your system it might be the reason for the extra verification steps.

I see this with some of the sites I visit most often during a log in.

D

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health