Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Discover Bank

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 7 (221 Views)

d376946c wrote:

"...IDENTITY THEFT by Dicover Bank, they have been busted for this in federal courts before. ...".

No they have not. If you would like to provide a fed court case number to prove me wrong, please do so.

I would assume that people who have accounts with Discover Bank have been victims of identity theft. My wife and I have had to get re-issued credit cards 4 times in the past because someone was using the card info (I have never lost a credit card) to make purchases. That, unfortunately, is a regular occurrence these days.

If that has happened to you, you have to contact the credit card company and tell them. They will remove the purchases from your bill and issue you a new card with a new account number and the old account number will be eliminated.

If someone has gotten your bank info, same kind of procedure. You go to the bank, tell them you're a victim of identity theft, and there will be some procedure for them to close down unauthorized accounts and create a new account for you.

It does sound like you are an identify theft victim, as Gail1 has posted. Discover Bank is not to blame. You'll probably never find out who has stolen your info, but it's up to the financial institution to assist you in fixing the issues.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 2 of 7 (241 Views)

IDENTITY THEFT by Dicover Bank, they have been busted for this in federal courts before.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 7 (253 Views)

d376946c wrote:

Seems that Discover Bank has set up quite a few accounts using my name, SS number, birth date, home phone and/or home address to laundry money again!

I have been getting calls from Capital one, and other Credit companies demanding payment for money transferred to Discovery accounts that I do not have but are in my name, SS number, birth date, home phone and/or home address!

Discover has been taken to federal courts for setting up fake accounts, money laundering and other illegal actives. Now it seems that they are preying on us seniors and Veterans!!!

And I am still getting phone calls from them telling me that I am going to prison if I do not agree whit what they demand in court!!!

I think I have to report this to the DOJ and Home land Security for possible money laundering! I could be in trouble if I do not?

Sounds like perhaps you are the victim of IDENTITY THEFT.

If the debt is not yours, you need to take action immediately.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 7 (260 Views)

d376946c wrote:

Just Google "Discover fake accouts,'   "DIscover money laundering," and   "lawsuites against discovr"

I did. They did not launder money. They were not in full compliance with the rules, which has been fixed. Doing a search on 'Discover fake accounts' doesn't show anything about Discover having fake accounts. It just tells you how to spot them.

A search on 'lawsuits against discovery' show suits against the Discovery Corporation, the corporation for the Discovery Channel on TV. Now Discover Card was sued over deceptive practices for collecting credit card debt.

There is nothing about laundering money, fake accounts. Many banks, credit cards, financial firms, get sued for various practices that are not within the law.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 7 (274 Views)

Just Google "Discover fake accouts,'   "DIscover money laundering," and   "lawsuites against discovr"

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 7 (288 Views)

"....Discover has been taken to federal courts for setting up fake accounts, money laundering and other illegal actives....".

Where have you read this? I am aware that Discover Bank has been the victim of fraud for any number of years, describing exactly what you are talking about. But I've not read about any scandals associated with that bank. Wells Fargo has been in trouble.  Having said that, Discover Bank gets poor reviews, but not for fraud as far as I know.

Info Seeker

Discover Bank

Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)

Seems that Discover Bank has set up quite a few accounts using my name, SS number, birth date, home phone and/or home address to laundry money again!

I have been getting calls from Capital one, and other Credit companies demanding payment for money transferred to Discovery accounts that I do not have but are in my name, SS number, birth date, home phone and/or home address!

Discover has been taken to federal courts for setting up fake accounts, money laundering and other illegal actives. Now it seems that they are preying on us seniors and Veterans!!!

And I am still getting phone calls from them telling me that I am going to prison if I do not agree whit what they demand in court!!!

I think I have to report this to the DOJ and Home land Security for possible money laundering! I could be in trouble if I do not?