Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

DO YOU FIND THAT MOST SCAM CALLS EMANATE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY?

Honored Social Butterfly

DO YOU FIND THAT MOST SCAM CALLS EMANATE FROM THE SAME COUNTRY?

Whether it is the Social Security Aministration calling me about inactivating my Social Security Card, Or Amazon Customer Service calling about a bogus charge, or the IRS calling about a tax problem (all active scams), it is clear that these calls all emanate from the same country.

Regardless of the scam named above, the voices of the perpetrators all have the same accent.

Regardless of the scam named above, if you are on hold, the same voice and music plays.

Regardless of the scam named above, they will usually tell you they are calling from Orlando, New York, Texas, or San Francisco.

My guess is that many scams, regardless of the scam set-up, emanate from maybe even the same call center.

I jerk these dudes around to the point they curse me, make disparaging remarks about my mother, wife, and siblings. I love using up their time so they can't go to the next target who might actually fall for their bull hockey. Their supervisors eventually cut the line but some are hilarious.

Honored Social Butterfly

I have found a way to really irritate these scammers.

As already established, their accent gives away from what country the calls originate.

I ask the scammer if they are from a neighboring country..... a country that has been an adversary for years. That really gets under their skin and they start spouting off foul language in English and in their native language. It is hilarious.

Great idea. Yes, sometimes I enjoy tripping them up too.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP